Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winner: Idiot of the Month Award

Winner: Idiot of the Month Award

The Winner is me. And it is only March 01. Beat this with a stick:

A rodent made an appearance in the basement shop last night. Fine - the cold drives them in every year this time. I am weaponized to deal with this annoyance. I have 2 of the heavy duty Victor spring/bar rat traps.

Wanted to check them out to see that they were in working order. ` Set one - and to test it, I grabbed a pencil......except I grabbed a black ink pen that was beside it.

Tapped the trap's foot pedal, the trap flew, snapped the pen - obliterated it. Black ink sprayed everywhere.........fortunately a roll of Scotts blue towels and a squeeze bottle of DNA were right beside me - - got the monitor cleaned up after 3 - 4 dozen wipings. But - in the meantime, my hands are all splotched with ink.

Fortunately, LOML left this AM for the Philly Flower Show, so I have a few days to try to get back to normal............

You guys wanna compete with me for the award, you'd better bring your A Game.

But I wonder - does this mean the rat has won, even after I hammer him?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

No pictures, Kent, come on you know better than that!
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    But I wonder - does this mean the rat has won, even after I hammer him?
    Not as far as the rat is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Judson Green View Post
    No pictures, Kent, come on you know better than that!
    Judson - gimme a break, brudda......

I'm sitting here with black ink all over my hands. Weekends is my laundry chore, and I've got a pair of nitrile gloves from my finishing stuff to put on to do the next load. Plus - I've got a long sleeve t-shirt and a fleece sweatshirt with ink all over them.............gotta change them out first.

And you want photos?

May I please get back to you.................priorities, and all a that stuff, eh?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Not as far as the rat is concerned.
    Dave - I am on a mission from God with respect to that critter. Before he ink pen explosion, he was merely a seasonal annoyance. Now - I'm at DEFCON 4.

Think of Bill Murray and the gopher...........

Oh man...

...I feel for ya.

Good luck with the cleanup.
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...

Dave - I am on a mission from God with respect to that critter.
    Well, after you get him, stab him with the pen.

And post that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Well, after you get him, stab him with the pen.

And post that pic.
    Dave - I kid you not - that large snap-trap turned that pen into flying blots of ink and shards of plastic - they are all over the place. I could not find enough of them to reconstruct anything.

It was pretty impressive. I sat here laughing for 3 minutes before I realized the monitor was covered with that stuff.........

The only positives out of this

1. You had to be here. By now, you know I have a very irreverent sense of humor, even/especially when I am the target. It was absolutely hilarious. Had ink all over my eyeglasses. Have not yet gone to the loo to look in the mirror...........

2. LOML is far away. Giving me some time to get things back in order, and get my story straight - or at least reduced in severity.

2. LOML is far away. Giving me some time to get things back in order, and get my story straight
    Let's see...

" Honey, I went down to the shop and there was a rat there that was 2 feet long.

Not counting the tail, which was 3 feet if it was an inch.

He lunged at me and all I had was a pen..."

I do stuff like that all the time- nothing comes immediately to mind tho. When i get back to work tomorrow, just give me an hour or so and i'll come up w some spontaneous stupid act or something come out of my mouth.

the thing is-some things (stupid mistakes) can be difficult to stop doing, right?
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Kent, you have an admirable disposition to be able to see humor there. And when you do recover enough to film a reenactment ....if you still have some ink on you ....some stage make up will add credibility.Devil made me write this!

Think of Bill Murray and the gopher...........
    Dude, the Gopher won in Caddyshack.
    Better rethink your tactics.

+1 on kill traps.
    If you poison them, they'll crawl into the woodwork to die.

That's a smell no one should have to endure.

Note to Kent- This is how it's supposed to look:
    DSCF4672B.jpg

Got a call from the neighbor just after the holidays, rats had found their bird feeder to be the perfect smorgasbord, and our deck the perfect condominium. I call this a good start. I was going to put his head on a pike as a warning to the rest but my daughter thought it was disgusting. But then she thinks everything I do is disgusting, oh well.

By the way, claiming credit for idiot of the month is way premature. I'm sure I can top your weak attempt in two weeks or less.

Yesterday I was wrestling with my dog in the garage. He grabbed my glove and pulled me and my wheelchair out of the garage, across the driveway, into the snow filled yard. Then pulled sideways and toppled the whole mess over leaving me sprawled out in the snow. As these things go that makes it a fairly average day. But that was February so it doesn't count for March.

I promise to do better.

-Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tom:

#1 - that is exactly the photo I am hoping for. Maybe tomorrow. With a couple black ink pens stuck in him.
    #2 - you are a patient guy. I would have a pellet pistol strapped to the wheelchair. He thinks he has a game that I would not be willing to play............

I started laughing as soon as I read this:"...except I grabbed a black ink pen that was beside it."