Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winner: Idiot of the Month Award

The month is young....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    The month is young....
    Yes, it is. My confidence is unbounded, but take your best shot, Chris, and see if you can take it away from me.

Pretty darn weird competition, don't you think? Just don't do anything that involves hot dogs.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I'm entering. This morning I was backing the car out of the garage. As the tires hit the snow/ice I hear a crunch. It just sounds louder than normal. I pull forward a little. I look again out the back window and in the camera screen. Nothing. My daughter says "that's the snow". So I back out a little faster this time. Loud crunch.

Turns out the garage door stopped just higher than the rear window. Car is scratched. Antenna is destroyed. Garage door is pretty much needing replacement. So technically, I'm the only idiot I know that ran into the garage door twice today.

Nicely done Kevin!

Kevin, ouch.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Kevin is in the lead....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Well played Kevin.
    Joe

Gimme a couple days. In my shop things almost that bad happen a lot, but I've learned to keep quiet about them. Like setting the two Grrr-Rippers down in the correct position, then forgetting and when I went to pick up the second one for the long piece of wood, I rotated it and a lot of green shavings went flying all over the TS. I knew exactly what I did when I saw the shavings go flying and the resistance I met over the blade. The middle leg of one of my Grr-Rippers now has an extra groove. Then again, a couple of my side legs aren't exactly the same width as when I got them either. I wish they wouldn't ask "why" when you call "Micro-jig" when you call for replacement parts. That's embarrassing.
    Real American Heros don't wear Capes, they wear Dogtags.

Went by my brothers shop yesterday, auto repair facility, and although not on the board he has an employee that should be in contention. Had a car on the hoist for brakes and the parts were not going to be in for a day so Jerry told him to back it out and bring something else in. The car had no brakes but that is not all that unusual to move them around in this condition. The guy started to back it out then realized that he did not have the door open, panicked and froze instead of shutting the car off, drove through the door. This shop only has one door, so he effectively shut the shop down as it had to be closed up. 14'x14' doors have to be ordered so the shop is closed till a door comes.

Thats two garage doors for the Edgerton family in one week, and I can never remember one ever being damaged before in my lifetime. Jerry should not have been razzing my wife so hard.........