Thread: Woodshop expansion, getting closer (pictures)

Woodshop expansion, getting closer (pictures)

Well, its been quite an undertaking but getting close. Thought I'd share a couple pics, nothing special though. I do like the extra space and set my equipment up so I can essentially run 8ft boards through each machine without moving a lot of things and screwing around with dust collection hoses. So far, working very well.

I still have a lot of cleaning up to do and you will see tools everywhere. Next step is to start on the finishing room. Hope to have that done in a few more weeks.

Woodshop.jpgWoodshop 2.jpgwoodshop 3.jpgwoodshop 4.jpgwoodshop 6.jpg
    Last edited by Scott Brandstetter; 03-01-2015 at 8:28 PM.

Urinal and TV that's pretty pretty classy
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Don't watch TV while using your table saw! (or any other power tool for that matter) Too much distraction.
    My woodworking theory: Measure with a micrometer, Mark with chalk, Cut with an ax.

Scott, I like your miter setup, I've got something similar just without the fence. I've been debating on the fence because when I have wasted space (behindthe fence) I tend to pile things up there. Is your fence removable to give you more workspace? Do you have any plans for the space behind the fence?

Nice update.

Thanks Nick. My fence is not removable. I debated this but I decided I wanted something that's in place and wont get out of alignment. The fence has a ruler on it that will eliminate a lot of the measuring I used to do. I spent a lot of time making sure all of it was lined up perfectly. I love the fence so far and worth every penny in my opinion. In the past, behind the fence, I always accumulated cut boards. My goal is to use the space underneath on the shelves. I also have storage racks above for longer boards. I will let you know in a few months what happens with that space. No special plans for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Coffelt View Post
    Scott, I like your miter setup, I've got something similar just without the fence. I've been debating on the fence because when I have wasted space (behindthe fence) I tend to pile things up there. Is your fence removable to give you more workspace? Do you have any plans for the space behind the fence?

Nice update.