Thread: Chainsaw Chopsaw

Chainsaw Chopsaw

Latest clip from me. I will have it set up this weekend at the Oregon Woodturning Symposium. Hope a few of you can make it there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7r...oTl18_dSSaffjw

robo hippy

like......

Quote Originally Posted by charlie knighton View Post
    like......
    x2..................

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Simply ingenious. Thanks so much, this goes in the save file for sure.

great video Reed!

very clever build, Reed. thanks for the video & sharing your idea.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.
    trevor

9. I suppose it would be best to have a dedicated chainsaw where the attachment could be left on it, but it looks like it could be taken off & on as needed. Pretty neat idea, Reed!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Pretty great, thanks for sharing.

I was out walking the dogs late this afternoon, when we walked back by the building the vendors are in (Oregon Symposium) what did I see but Robo's chain-saw chop-saw rig.
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Are you using a standard chain on your saw. I have one but never used it because they said you need a special chain.

Got a chance to view this yesterday and thought it's pretty slick. That should attract lots of viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Willing View Post
    Are you using a standard chain on your saw. I have one but never used it because they said you need a special chain.
    I dono about Reed, but I use a skip-tooth chain. But, like most turners I rip side-grain, not end-grain. Ripping end-grain you would need a rip chain.
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.