Thread: Which 5 inch hose can I get that will fit over the molded super dust deputy?

Which 5 inch hose can I get that will fit over the molded super dust deputy?

Hi,
    I just got a molded version of the super dust deputy. Does anyone know which 5 inch hose will easily fit over the 5 inch inlet of the super dust deputy. I measured the OD of the inlet and it's about 5 1/16 in diameter.
    TIA.
    Mike

Prince Edward Island, Canada's Ocean Playground
    Mike, I did not need a long hose so I found a tapered adapter to go from 5" to 4" so I could use the existing 4" flex hose to connect to the machine in use. If I were connecting it into a permananet ductwork it would certainly be worth sourcing a 5" tube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Erik

Canada's Atlantic Paradise - Prince Edward Island

I would say that it is the same as the metal version. An adapter which is male on both ends is required, one end in the SDD, the other in the hose. Guess who sells them? Oneida! That is how you make even more money off the unsuspecting public.

Thanks Erik. I think I will use the adapter to go from 5" to 4" too since I already have 4" hose and pipes.
    Mike