Thread: Best place to get EFR glass tube?

Best place to get EFR glass tube?

I think I will get an EFR tube as I have had bad luck with RECI. Any suggestions where best to source them?

My first RECI tube (a Z2) lasted only a few months with careful use (never more than 90% and that rarely) and was replaced by them, under warranty, with a new S series tube. With less than 10 hours use, the mirror end developed a hairline crack. RECI is (slowly) "considering" the case. I'd like to get back into production, so rather than wait any longer I want to order a tube now. From the pictures on-line, the EFR tubes use water cooling on the mirror end as well as the body, unlike the RECI tubes. Makes me wonder if it is to avoid the kind of problem I just had with the RECI.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Blog Entries
    Hey John!

Sorry to hear yours cracked!!! Ugh. For what it is worth, I got mine through The laser manufacturer when my machine was built. Will Shenhui do the same for you? Being you are in Fiji it may not be too bad getting it from them. Otherwise the folks who made my laser was Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech inc. I can PM you the sales gal's name if you want.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

andyzhuATbjefrlaser.com.cn

Andy is the man to speak to if you want a tube direct from EFR swap AT for @
    You did what !

Thank you!
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

John

You have already been given a contact, however I will add,

I just received a ZN-1250 (Reci 80w equivalent) and matching EFR power supply direct from EFR.

The person I have dealt with and found very helpful and good English, was Frank

weiyao@bjefrlaser.com.cn

Tube was very well packaged and survived the trip to Australia via DHL.

Those two suppliers are going to get spammed for life now. I learn t the hard way never to put my email on a public forum.
    Universal Laser VLS6.60, Tantillus 3D printer, Electronic design
    edns Group, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand

They won't mind I have my email, address and phone number plastered all over the place and spam isn't too much of an issue

It will make a nice change too, spam going TO China rather than from
    You did what !

These people are in sales. I think they will be quite happy to know there contact details are being posted on a forum about lasers.

I think his point was that there are bots that scan sites like this and pickup email addresses, then add them to spam databases. It's not that he's talking about them getting qualified sales lead contacts, it's about now they'll get flooded with genuine spam from spammers.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    ........... it's about now they'll get flooded with genuine spam from spammers.
    Don't we all. If you have used the same email address for any length of time you will be on those data bases. Just a fact of life on the internet.

I stand by what I said. "I think they will be quite happy to know there contact details are being posted on a forum about lasers."