Thread: bottle stoppers

bottle stoppers

http://www.ezpots.com/bottlestopper.html I found this source to be a good supplier. The first time I ordered was with a club member ordering some stoppers to get the volume discount.

Certainly reasonable enough Robert. You might want to look at these:

http://nilesbottlestoppers.com/

Hers are a little more expensive, however you will find that on most red wines a chrome stopper will eventually flake off into the wine! Not a good thing. Just my two cents. I use Only Ruth`s stoppers as her quality is superb.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Yes you are correct. If you notice the BSs versions are food grade stainless. I have had the same experience with chrome.

I agree that the Ruth Niles SS Stoppers are the very best.
    There is, however a comment that I would like to make. Bottle stoppers of the tapered/ rubber ringed variety are not really made to have the bottle laid down so the wine comes into contact with the stopper.
    I try to let my customers know that the stoppers are decorative and intended for stopping a bottle in the upright position on the counter until ready to be consumed at a later time.
    Sometimes this is not heeded and the stoppers leak. I have refunded one customer and returned a Top Hat stopper with the silicone insert to my stock for resale. Only one in many and it was placed in the refrigerator in the horizontal position.
    just a thought and what I do with my stoppers.
    Peter F.