Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard from David Weaver?

Anyone heard from David Weaver?

I couldnt recall a recent post so I searched on his name and didnt get anything newer than mid-January. I also notice his posts now list him a a guest. I dont recall the difference between "member" and "guest", but I guess the bottom line is he didnt renew here? I sure miss his advice. Anyone hear from him?

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I've been wondering too.

"Dave! Dave! Come back, Dave! We miss you!"
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

I couldn't find him in the member list so I assume he cancelled his registration here. If he simply didn't renew his contribution he would be listed as a member (you automatically go from contributor to member if you don't renew).

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I couldn't find him in the member list so I assume he cancelled his registration here. If he simply didn't renew his contribution he would be listed as a member (you automatically go from contributor to member if you don't renew).

Mike
    Well Mike, that's what I was afraid it meant. I may go over to another site he used to frequent and see if he's still "around".

Edit: Well, I see he's got a couple posts on Wood Central today.
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 03-06-2015 at 10:18 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I was wondering the same and saw his posts over at Wood Central earlier this week.

Blog Entries
    Maybe he became unstuck in time?

I hope he comes back
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Well I remember him saying this
    I don't post much here any more (because like this thread, the discussion doesn't advance and there isn't proper credibility given to the people who actually know what they're talking about),
    here
    and then he sent some saws for testing.
    I just discovered the Old vs New saws thread. For some reason I didn't read that one.

anyway
    This is the best forum around.
    Central is great too but less active.
    I suppose more and more people are doing what I SHOULD be doing and that is spending this time in the shop.
    After FWW and Woodwork mags went to pot I need to connect some how.
    I hope David comes back or gets the forum he wants.
    Last edited by Winton Applegate; 03-07-2015 at 12:34 AM.
    Sharpening is Facetating.
    Good enough is good enough
    But
    Better is Better.

Yeah I learned about the whole chipbreaker business mostly thanks to his posts.
    He has some good videos about plane making on YouTube so he is around.

I'm not sure you can change your statue to Guest without help/intervention from the Mod Squad.

Perhaps one of our Overlords will add something here?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

David explained his issues in one of his last posts here.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

He's hanging & posting over on Wood Central.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Seriously...if Dave chooses not to come back here, he will be greatly missed.

I think he thought I was kidding when I would call him one of the world's leading experts on "all things stones". I ALWAYS appreciated (and sought after) his advice.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

I am relatively new to this or any other WW forum.

However, like any other relationship, we, as a group, may consider what went wrong and bear that in mind in the future.

Certainly there is some reason. The sort of reference in the above response of David's points to that:

"I don't post much here any more (because like this thread, the discussion doesn't advance and there isn't proper credibility given to the people who actually know what they're talking about)"

Anybody know what he is referring to?
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Well, I just finished reading the thread that Winton linked to in his post above. I wasnt following that one at the time. I guess I can see what happened now, or at least I have the sense of it. I always learn a great deal from David's posts and I sure miss hearing from him.

Thanks guys. Im off to buy some lumber so I can try my hand at making a pair of small hollows/rounds next weekend. If Im successful and they work ok, I'll post a couple pics.

Have a good weekend,
    Fred

I consider myself to be an internet friend of Dave, through two forums. I won't speculate on his reasons, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see him back. That said, don't feel responsible yourself. The prior forum actually asked him to leave. This time, the motivation was self-driven, at least. I see that as growth on his part. Maybe more woodworking and less posting would be a good prescription for him.