Thread: Vcarve Pro version 8 first look.

Vcarve Pro version 8 first look.

I downloaded the new version of Vcarve Pro just a few hours ago and here are my first impressions. Nearly all the 2-D and 2.5-D improvements I was hoping for are there. Convenience and flexibility have been greatly improved. There are many new and powerful tools included to import and use true 3-D models such as STL files. The software is even more powerful and flexible if you make use of Vectric's proprietary 3-D models, many of which are included free with the new version. I haven't used it enough yet to say just how well everything works because the new feature set is almost overwhelming. Although my upgrade was free, this software is well worth the $175 (I think) upgrade price if it lives up to its promises.

After working with version 8 for a week, I am even more impressed than I was when I downloaded it. I am really happy with the 2.5-D enhancements and the 3-D layout and manipulation features are just excellent.

FYI: I am not in any way affiliated with Vectric and don't even know anyone who works there. I just think Vcarve is a great product that is well worth buying and the new version is well worth upgrading to.

Art,

I haven't upgraded Aspire yet but I expect to in the next couple of days. I'd be willing to bet that the new features in Aspire are as good as Carve Pro...we will see.

I'm glad you are happy with the new upgrade, count me as a Vectric Fan as well.

Jason...
    You can upgrade from Cut2D to VCPro, but the CUT2D license is then not transferrable. There are some major facelifts coming in the near future for Cut2D as well. (sans the 3D) You may want to hang in for the new feature list on the upgrade when it is published.
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

LOL this place...

I was making a joke. I own VCP 7.5 and Cut3D - i won't need cut3d anymore. I guess i can't offer it to sell anyone here so consider it NOT offered to anyone here. Sheesh.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com