Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miter Gauge Recommendations

Miter Gauge Recommendations

I'm happy to post a gloat about today. I finally pulled the trigger on a Sawstop PCS. While I thought I had done all my homework, I did NOT know a miter gauge wasn't included (at least not on the packing list and not found to this point). I don't think I need a top of the line gauge, but I do need one that fits the grooves. Any input will be appreciated.

Andy Haney

I got a miter gauge with my PCS SawStop. Ask the dealer.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

One came with my PCS but a pretty generic. Everyone will have their own favorite. I like my Incra 1000 SE.

A note of caution is too be careful about adjusting them as if they touch the blade...WHAM goes the brake.

My new PCS came with a miter gauge as well. Was it shipped on the pallet or did your dealer deliver it assembled? There should have been one with it.

Blog Entries
    I have the Kreg miter gauge and really like it. It has shot pin locations for the common woodworking angles and is very accurate.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I replaced my Incra 1000SE with the Osborne EB3 and I like it better. If I were in the market now, I would take a look at the Kreg and compare to the Osborne.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I've got the Incra 3000SE. Dead nuts accurate.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ghlight=review

Last Fall I tried out several, side by side. This quickie review might help.
    Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 03-15-2015 at 8:13 AM.

I've been very happy with my Incra 1000HD but I do not have experience with anything else besides the stock miter gauge that came with my saw.

I envy the SawStop purchase, I'm seriously considering one for our shop.

I assembled my PCS last November. Here is a photo of the package contents sheet that comes with the saw to show you that there should be a miter gauge with your saw. Both in the illustration and list of parts as item #10. It's tucked away in styrofoam hidden inside the plastic motor cover, along with a push stick and tool holder.

If missing, have your dealer or Sawstop to send you one. The stock gauge works fine. I use a drafting triangle to set it 90 or 45 to the blade. For other angles I also use an Incra 120 on the Sawstop and my bandsaw.

Last edited by John Schweikert; 03-14-2015 at 10:34 PM.

I had a miter gauge with my PCS, have an Incra 100se, but like someone on here mentioned that Excalibur looks pretty nice if I were in the market for one.

The Osborne EB-3 is my go to miter gauge. I like my Incra V27 with fence quite a bit too.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Thanks guys. Looks like I overlooked it out the parts list...and haven't gotten that far yet in the unpacking. I'll probably find it today, but the info on other alternatives has been very helpful.

Andy

I have the Incra 1000HD and really like it, if you get one just don't drop it. It bends the little teeth on the protractor, the parts cost over $60.00 to repair it.

Congrats on the PCS! I have the ICS and love mine. The saw has the industry standard slots, so any for the most part will do. The one that came with it is fine for 90's once you make sure it's dialed in.

There are times, when you want that extra accuracy 1/10th degree or shaving off that .002 to make things perfect.

I have owned the Incra 1000hd since I got my Grizzly back in 2003. It's perfect and with the stops, and adjusters you can sneak up on a perfect fit, by the thou. Dialing in miters is that easy as well.

I recently added to the family the Incra 5000 sled and it's as amazing as the 1000hd.

Don't get me wrong, the miter that comes with the SS is a good one, but it's not going to get you accuracy down to the same level. Cross cut 90 ok, anything else, NO.

But then it was not engineered to do that.

Once you use that verier scale for the first time on the Incra you will see!

Take care and enjoy the new toy!

Post pics and a review we all love new toys even if they belong to someone else Cheers!