Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pick your NCAA Basketball team.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    The Wisconsin/NC game was fun. NC absolutely had great rhythm until about the last six minutes.

And then Bucky dropped the hammer.

The Michigan State game tomorrow should be interesting.

I'm apparently not allowed to watch any more tonight. No Xavier/Arizona game for me. Other people in this house need to watch some news program???

Edit to add: I've explained that the winner (Xavier/Arizona) plays the Badgers, so I'm being allowed to watch.
    Phil - you are aware that ESPN.com has links to watch them all online, right? Unless you aren't allowed to choose the TV channel, nor leave the TV room, and have restricted internet hours. You do something to get grounded, bud?

In which case, I got nuttin.

PS - you beat us in OT in the B1G champ game, after we were up by 11 in regulation, then went for an 0-11 OT score. I'm thinking the Spartans want blood in any rematch..............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Looks like Kentucky came to play ball tonight.
    No foolin - I left that game at 19-54, and HUggins just sitting there looking shell shocked.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Phil - you are aware that ESPN.com has links to watch them all online, right? Unless you aren't allowed to choose the TV channel, nor leave the TV room, and have restricted internet hours. You do something to get grounded, bud?

In which case, I got nuttin.

PS - you beat us in OT in the B1G champ game, after we were up by 11 in regulation, then went for an 0-11 OT score. I'm thinking the Spartans want blood in any rematch..............
    I've tried watching online and it was sub-par. The TV is much better, IMHO. But I was ready to use the notebook to watch the game and the tablet to do to my work, if necessary.

I'm too focused on Wisconsin vs. Arizona to even contemplate a rematch with the Spartans. I'm preparing myself for the crazy stuff to start. That is why they call it madness, I think.

Go Green !!

Blog Entries
    Great game with MSU over Oklahoma! Go Green!!!
    NOW you tell me...

Badgers into the final four.

Fingers are crossed but it is uphill from here.

Fortunately, there are 3 or 4 other teams that apparently have rosters full of Martians. I'll give KY their due - no doubt about that - but...........in the back of my mind there is this nagging "on any given night, any given team can......" and - - AZ.
    Hmm, don't believe any Martians showed up for AZ tonight.

Ok, I humbly admit Kentucky pulled a rabbit out of the hat tonight. ND is a great team and could have easily won it. On to the final four!

Quote Originally Posted by julian abram View Post
    Ok, I humbly admit Kentucky pulled a rabbit out of the hat tonight. ND is a great team and could have easily won it. On to the final four!
    Hey - all you said was :

... you would have to be from Mars not to pick Kentucky to win it all....
    ND certainly did not have them picked. I guess the Martians are disguised as Irish this year. Probably to blend in at the St Patrick's Day parties, eh?

That Notre Dame game certainly ended close to say the least.

Hey - all you said was :

ND certainly did not have them picked. I guess the Martians are disguised as Irish this year. Probably to blend in at the St Patrick's Day parties, eh?
    Yes, fully agree, Martians did show up in ND uniforms and could of/ should of easily sent Kentucky home.
    Last edited by julian abram; 03-29-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Yes, fully agree, Martians did show up in ND uniforms and could of/ should of easily sent Kentucky home.
    Someone on NPR this morning said something like: Yeah, well, ND becomes just one more team that almost beat them..........

Go Green..........

Gotta respect Coach Few and Gonzaga, but I'd like to see Duke win.

We haven't beaten them in, like, for-freakin'-ever. Lost to them in the 3d round in Indy 2 years ago. Izzo is 1-6 lifetime against Coach K.

I wants a rematch - climb up over the backs of the legends - Kruger, Ricky P, Coach K, Calipari.

I am ready to take on the big guns, now. Talk is cheap, of course, no guarantees.......but lets take the hard road.

Go State !!!!

Sorry to say it, but Coach Izzo is going to be 1-7 against Coach K after next weekend. The Blue Devils played well this afternoon against the Zags and will be up against another team in Blue after beating the guys in Green. Red is not a good color except for the upstart NC Wolfpack but then they lost to Louisville. Duke will be the only team to beat UK this year.

Blog Entries
    My team, MSU, is still in it after another great game, but with all #1 seeds, it is going to be a tough battle from here on.
    NOW you tell me...