Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pick your NCAA Basketball team.....

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Payne View Post
    Sorry to say it, but Coach Izzo is going to be 1-7 against Coach K after next weekend. The Blue Devils played well this afternoon against the Zags and will be up against another team in Blue after beating the guys in Green. Red is not a good color except for the upstart NC Wolfpack but then they lost to Louisville. Duke will be the only team to beat UK this year.

Talk is cheap, Dukie. You wanna throw down, I'm more than cool with that.............

Another school of thought says we will never know how Duke would have fared v Calipari in the 2015 Kentucky Invitational. Along those lines................

PM me if you are more than the typical economy-class Duke hot air, and you have high-quality hand-tools you'd be willing to potentially........a-hem......... "trade". LN/LV-class stuff, or equivalent. Rumor has it that, contrary to conventional wisdom, there actually are a few Dukies who shop at stores other than HF - it is conceivable you are one of the few.

BTW - Opening line is Duke giving 5.

Put up, or....................
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    My team, MSU, is still in it after another great game, but with all #1 seeds, it is going to be a tough battle from here on.
    Ole - my friend............

C'mon, now. We have beaten a 2, beaten a 3, and now beaten a 4.

So all we gotta do is beat a #1 so we hit for the cycle. How hard is that?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

OK - sorry to be such a "homer", but...... in the words of the immortal Popeye - I yam what I yam, and tha's all what I yam"

Consider these tidbits about Izzo:

He's the only coach in history to reach 3 Final Fours as 5 seed or lower.

Spartans are 20-4 in the second game of an NCAA Tournament weekend under Izzo.

Izzo's Spartans are 13-9 in the NCAA tournament whey they are the lower seed. Those 13 wins are the most all-time..

Izzo's Spartans have trailed at halftime in five Elite Eight games. They've come back and won four of them.

Speaking of which, that win Sunday vs. Louisville? That snapped Louisville's 94-game win streak when leading by 6+ points at halftime. Ninety-four.
    Last edited by Kent A Bathurst; 03-30-2015 at 5:13 PM.

Kent, what do you think about Wisconsin v. Kentucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Kent, what do you think about Wisconsin v. Kentucky?
    Phil - after the dismantling of WVa - I thought all was lost.

Then - the Irish - A lot of that was KY did not play their signature defense, but ND gets credit for their game plan. So - maybe there is hope.

I have always liked Wisconsin and Bo Ryan - tough, hard-nosed, grind it out - classic B1G team. Had a lot of very serious battles with them v State through the years, but they have my respect and admiration, other than games v MSU. Even Izzo admits that his relationship with Bo has grown more appreciative in the past 5 years - those 2 dudes did not get along one damn bit, earlier in their careers.

I want them to win that game. I REALLY want them to win that game.

That is the heart speaking. The head says .............. arrrrgh ............

I'll tell you this much, though - if Kaminsky plays lights-out, and Dekker plays like he did in the last game, then - they got a shot - they got a legit shot - at taking down the King. Dekker raining in threes from everywhere in that zip code, and Kaminsky making inside spin moves that embarrass at least 2 defenders each time. But - as always - if you go after the King, be sure to kill him, not wound him.

You want me to make the call? Phil - I cannot - I simply dunno - I am torn - I can see how Badgers can take them down, but I can't see it clearly -

BTW - somewhere - si.com? - I saw a clip of Dekker 3 years ago, leading his team to their first-ever state championship. He won that game at the buzzer with the same shot he made at the end of the AZ game..... The. Exact. Same. Three Point. Shot.

That is spooky. Kid's got game - serious game.

Well at least we're the underdog going in. Really looking forward to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Well at least we're the underdog going in. Really looking forward to the game.
    I read a quote from the coach that last year's game left a bad taste in his mouth. He's out for revenge.

Michigan State put up a good effort, but Duke's talent and intensity prevailed. A 20 point win is a real victory for Coach K and the Blue Devils!

Now onto see who prevails in the second game. If Big Blue wins SWMBO will be a happy girl.

Blog Entries
    I was rooting for Whatsamatta U. But I can't find when they play...
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Wow, there were likely some shell-shocked Wildcat fans part way through that first half.

Looks like this is another game going down to the wire. Tied at sixty.

Wisconsin, wow. The state couldn't catch a break in Seattle to go to th SuperBowl, good for them.

Awesome game.

Skip Bayless said the Championship game wouldn't not be good since Kentucky was out of it.

Really Skip.....if it was any closer, there would be massive heart attacks across this country!

Me thinks he's starting believe the garbage he spews every morning with Stephen Smith!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....