Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pick your NCAA Basketball team.....

The Blue Devils are the National Champions -- what a fantastic game by goth teams -- a true classic! Great play by Kaminsky, but the Duke guards were more than the Badgers could handle. Hats off to all the teams that made this a great March Madness tournament!

It was an exciting game. I really wish the outcome had been different for all my truly die-hard Wisconsin friends. Though I do know a guy that picked-up $500 because he bet on the Devils. So he is likely pretty happy.

I do think a certain Blue Devil's fingertips were the last thing to touch that ball. But I can also understand how the officials couldn't change the call based on the court-side replay, as I struggled sitting in a darkened room with (likely) better coverage than they had.

So that is how the ball bounces.

I haven't watched any post-game coverage. I sure hope my Badgers were more gracious than Kentucky in accepting their loss.

Those Duke guards were gritty. They deserved that win.

All through the tournament, that was some of the worst officiating I've seen. One-sided in way too many games, and they're letting it get far too physical. I've played cleaner street ball. The court-side play reviews kill the flow of the game (and they STILL blew some obvious calls--get those refs a bigger screen, for heaven's sake).

But, far and away, one thing that needs to happen is that the Hack-a-Shaq strategy at the end of a game needs to stop. Call them intentional fouls like they are. Letting the team that's down by a few put the other team on the line, only to still lose 99% of the time, just drags out the inevitable and turns the last 2 minutes into a half-hour snoozefest.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl View Post
    But, far and away, one thing that needs to happen is that the Hack-a-Shaq strategy at the end of a game needs to stop. Call them intentional fouls like they are. Letting the team that's down by a few put the other team on the line, only to still lose 99% of the time, just drags out the inevitable and turns the last 2 minutes into a half-hour snoozefest.
    I agree with that. In my case, it was literally a snoozefest because I went to bed.

The problem with close games is the officiating often dictates the outcome, fairly or not.