Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: powermatic/houdaille?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    Huh. I'm wrong. 6.4KW = 8.58HP. Go figure. The motor looks about the physical size of a 5HP Baldor.

Euro machines use smaller frame metric motors now. Makes lifting them easier and probably allows them to lighten the internals. It will be either 90 or 112 frame. My 10 hp Felder has a 90 which was really meant for 4 hp. 112 is meant for 5.5 but is usually what the 9 hp motors use. They run hotter so check bearings as they fail sooner. Motor guys hate rewinding them and charge accordingly. Dave

Peter, do you know if you have a manual for a TS 120 at your work? Specifically a wiring diagram for the controls? I can't find one online. Mines wired for 480v, and I've got 208v. My electrician buddy isn't positive on what needs to be switched around. He doesn't want to grenade the transformer in it, so he's thinking about using another transformer hanging on the wall to bump the 208 up to 480. Seems complicated and messy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    Peter, do you know if you have a manual for a TS 120 at your work? Specifically a wiring diagram for the controls? I can't find one online. Mines wired for 480v, and I've got 208v. My electrician buddy isn't positive on what needs to be switched around. He doesn't want to grenade the transformer in it, so he's thinking about using another transformer hanging on the wall to bump the 208 up to 480. Seems complicated and messy to me.

Sorry Martin, the TS120 I used was at the last job, and they got them used, no manuals, wired 208. No diagram on or inside the motor cover?
    "A good miter set up is like yoga pants: it makes everyone's butts look good." Prashun Patel

Unfortunately there isn't anything anywhere.

Maybe one of his co-workers will have a good idea or better knowledge of which to flip where.