Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is winter ended?

Is winter ended?

Officially winter ends in a few days but there was quite a chill in the air when going for a walk. Has winter ended where you live?

Rich,we've been over this....you are still in denial ...quick, grab one of the old HONEST almanacs.! We can't go back in time...but we can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Has winter ended where you live?
    We have gotten snow in June. Nope, winter isn't over.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I think so here Southern California.My desert tortoise has been out for several weeks.Hardly any snow on the local moutain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have my fingers cross. Last few weeks several days above freezing, even a few 50's. We still have a good 1-2 feet of snow on the ground where I am. The temperature is dropping tonight and the wind is whistling. Spring may not be here yet. If what we just had was winter then I would have to say winter is over. No way it can get back to the Jan - Feb we have had. Even if it snows in June, the bulk of it is over! Or that is what I hope anyhow.

Yes, I briefly considered putting on slippers and maybe a shirt at 6am this morning before going outside and cleaning the pool. Still a little too cool to take a swim before going to work.

Just rolled down the window instead of running the AC while driving to work at 7am.

Darn Cold, Barely broke 90 today........

Been Spring here for 4 or 5 weeks. Zero snow this year and hardly any in the mountains. I love the warm but worry about drought.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spring is here, my yard is greening up, so is the wheat. Of course we will get several more spring blizzards though. Was 80 here Sunday, 35 today.

Blog Entries
    We finally saw some of our grass yesterday for the first time since Christmas. We are sure to get one more blast of winter in the next 2-3 weeks. In fact it is 27 outside right now and there was some snow in the air earlier today.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

It was 70 degrees on Sunday here which is way above average. I think all the snow is gone except for some piles in parking lots. It actually rained a little bit yesterday for the first time in quite a while. It snowed so little this winter there are concerns about fire danger from it being dry. Winter can extend well into April here, but I think the worst is likely over for this winter. I just hope we don't get tons of rain in May and June like the past two years.

winter whats that?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

We got all your snow, this year.
    Huge East Coast snow pack,
    one of the few profitable years
    for the smaller ski areas.

California is going to be really dry, I fear.

I think you mean "Has winter ended?"
    Fingers crossed I think it has here in Ohio. We still will have some below freezing temps every few days for a couple more weeks but I think we've finally came out of the ditch. Most all of the snow is gone here except where the plows have piled it up.

It was 77 degrees here yesterday and will probably be in the low 50's today which is typical for mid to late March.
    Spring has arrived

Blog Entries
    Monday was in the 70's, yesterday was in the 30's, today is supposed to be close to 50, and we're scheduled for rain/snow on Friday. <shrug> I don't expect any more snowstorms, but winter isn't quite through with us just yet...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5