Thread: Bookcase, jewelry box, kitty condo?

Bookcase, jewelry box, kitty condo?

I think I'm going backwards.

My wife has decided we need to add a Maine Coon Cat to the menagerie. "It's for our son." Uhuh, yeah.

Ok. I'll build it. I know who the boss is.

I was going to ask for good links for plans, but they can't be that hard to build. I could probably just look at one she likes and figure it out. I guess I'm just whining a bit.

Oh, and she also asked me to rip plant stakes for her the other day so she could see the bandsaw in use.

Hmm... A kitty mortise and tenoned kitty condo...

Kitty Condo?

Gary,
    It sounds to me like you and your wife already have cats!? If so, you should already know that nothing made by humans will EVER meet the expectations of a cat - especially a Maine Coon. Most cats will NEVER accept a "Cat Condo". They demand a "Cat Estate" that must be located at the very top of a floor-to-ceiling "cat tree". A "cat tree" has three levels, all carpeted, mounted on a carpeted rod. The upper level allows them to attack your head and tear out your eyes and other exposed flesh. The middle level allows them to rip your stomach open and watch the inards fall out. The lower level lets them attack you in the dark or when you first get up in the morning and are not yet quite awake. Cats do NOT get a 15 yard penalty for "clipping". They simply take a large bite out of your ankle, leave large blood-spurting scratches on your calves and escape in glee to the top of the couch where you are expected to pet them and tell them how much you love them.

Enough said. I lost my sixteen year-old "Shop Cat" named "Cupid" on May 17, 2004, at 11:00 AM CDT. Life just ain't been the same since that day.

Don't mind ME. I just get kind of fogged up every time there is a post involving cats - or dogs - or just about ANY other kind of animal. I DON'T think that I would miss mosquitos, however.

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Whatever you come up with Gary, please post some pics of the finished project.

We've got three cats and I've been wanting to build something for them to sleep, play and generally get out from under our feet. Problem is my brain is mostly made up of recycled refried beans so I don't do good at imagination.

That should explain a lot right there.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.