Thread: Oil Rubbed Bronze colored electrical outlets and switches

Oil Rubbed Bronze colored electrical outlets and switches

We are using oil rubbed bronze faucets, towel bars etc in the bathroom remodeling project. We have found oil rubbed bronze outlet covers and switch covers but cannot find the actual outlets or switches in that color. The closest we can come are the brown ones.

Has anyone seen outlets and switches oil rubbed bronze in color? The brown is fairly close but I would like to match exactly. I only need one outlet and three switches. The outlet is daisy chained to a ground fault outlet in the other bathroom so a regular outlet is all I need.

Thanks
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Thought: Could you just spray some generic ones to match?

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I will have to look for oil rubbed bronze spray paint. didn't think about that.
    George

If I was to do something like that, perhaps a base coat of the lighter color and then maybe even hand-painted with the darker stuff over it. I'm sure it wouldn't be that tough.

Best of luck.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Make sure there is no metal in the paint could be real interesting plugging some thing in and touching the plug.

Just going to sue brown outlets and switches. No paint.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    I will have to look for oil rubbed bronze spray paint. didn't think about that.
    I've used this and it works great: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleu...1407/202888882

George, this is one area where I've been very disappointed in color choices these days, especially for "standard" toggle switches instead of the "decora" larger types which look wonky in older homes like I have. I suspect you're going to have to settle for the brown switches. You may also want to see if you prefer black if you can find one to look at with the plate you have.

Most of the hardware in our addition is ORB, but the electrical is all white to match the white trim. We at least were able to get all "standard" toggle switches!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    Just going to sue brown outlets and switches. No paint.
    Good choice.

We have a couple of plugs in our house that the previous owner spray painted black over a white plug. The paint scratches off really easily and they look horrible.

If you have to paint over something, at least start with a dark colored plug.

Steve

I just use the brown outlets and switches. It's a similar issue when trying to find switches and outlets that match the stone cover plates.

Are the switches and outlets on a painted wall? Tile? I would match to that instead of the orb. Otherwise, i like the way black and orb looks, so a black outlet or switch could look nice with an orb cover.

In our house, we painted several outlets and switches. Switches came out good, outlets tend to scratch like mentioned.