Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oneida Smart Dust Collector on dedicated 20A circuit

Well it's taken longer than expected, but I finally have my new machines installed, and all the duct work installed and connected to my Oneida 3hp Smart DC. The duct work is all Oneida Gorilla Duct, (aka Nordfab). The main lines are 6'', with 5" drops to the machines. The connections are to a router table, Powermatic 66 table saw, Minimax SP500 bandsaw, and Minimax FS41 Elite jointer/planer. The longest run is 35 feet, to the jointer/planer. The router table has a 4 inch port, the table saw has a 5" port on the bottom (added by me) and a 3" port for the over arm collector; the band saw has a 4" port, and the j/p a 4.7" port. I only run one machine at a time. The dust collection is superb for each machine, the DC is very powerful, and running fine with no issues on a 20 amp 240 volt circuit. Hope this helps.

Len

I just ordered the 2hp portable dust gorilla from them a few weeks ago and received it about 2 weeks ago. I'm running mine of a dedicated 20 amp breaker and haven't had a problem, but again I don't have anything to measure how much current it's pulling. I'm in the process of laying out my duct work so I'm just using a 6" flex hose reduced to 4" adapter to the tool right now and it's working perfectly. I love the machine and think I'll love it even more once I get all my duct work figured out and my machines hooked up.

As for the shipping cost, when I ordered mine they wanted nearly $400 for freight. I called about it and told them I really wanted their DC (they replied they really wanted to sell to me) but I was caught up on their shipping price and how high it was. After some back and forth and the sales rep talking to "the man", I was able to get them to drop it down to about $150 with the condition that I picked it up at a FedEx terminal. I was perfectly fine with that since there was one 5 miles from my house and I had a trailer to pick it up with. I would call them and work out the shipping details with them, their easy and good people to work with.

Keep in mind that if you do pick this up yourself, it is a BIG and tall pallet. I would say it's stacked nearly 6' tall with the foot print of your average pallet. I was sweating bullets all the way home driving 35 MPH. Either system you go with, I'm sure you'll be happy.

Len,

Really appreciate the follow-up and glad to to hear it's working so well. However, not too long after starting this thread and having more discussions with Oneida, I decided to go with a V-3000 and have zero regrets. The biggest reason I was looking at a portable was so I wasn't forced into immediately installing a bunch of duct. I'm happy to report that all the drops, floor sweeps and larger tools are connected. Now the focus is on some vertical supports and some of the less demanding/smaller tools. There's no doubt now that whichever unit was chosen I would have been happy with the end result.