Thread: Jorgensen,bessy rachet clamps

Blog Entries

Jorgensen,bessy rachet clamps

Are there any cheaper options than bessy or jorgensen ratchet clamps? I've been using the Jorgensen 4500 bar clamps but constant tightening and loosening is driving me nuts. Looking for a cheaper option. Anybody know?

I've had Bessey's (bar clamps) for a long time and they still work well. They're beat up now and I have to clean the glue off the bars now and again, but they work and work well. Rather than ask for a cheaper option, why not ask which clamps work best and last longest. Putting a bit more money into a product that will last you for years and will perform well during those years is probably a good investment.

Mike

[I've heard that complaint about Jorgensen clamps from other woodworkers - hard to get "latched" to the bar, or slipping once you tighten down.]
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 03-21-2015 at 10:53 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    I'm familiar with the name brands but there's usually a brand under the radar that's not as popular as the name brands but at better price. I have found a few overseas but there not sold here. I use these for torsion boxes. I bought several Harbor Freight 11" vise c-clamps but they will only catch the grid(3.25) when attached to the top. When I apply the extra 3/4 its 4" total and they won't expand that much...

I've had no problems with the Jorgensen Heavy 4500 clamps and there used daily to build chairs
    Last edited by jack duren; 03-21-2015 at 11:12 PM.

My mentor (who is amazingly frugal) picked up a four pack of the new
    Jorgensen 'gear clamp' which look like heavy duty welders clamps,
    scaled to woodworking size.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Jorgensen...-4PK/202688778