Thread: Griz Paint Color???

Griz Paint Color???

Good morning guys,well I have couple of griz floor machines and they are looking pretty sad.Both are the older spindle sander and duel drum sander.This time of yr I usally give them a good cleaning and a tune up,but I want to go one step further and pull the panels and paint them using griz current color or close to it.What I found on the net is RustOleum Hammered Green,but no one local carries it so I can't see it in person.So I was wondering if someone has found a color that close.I'm not looking for a perfect match but I do like the Hammered paint.Yep I check at griz but they only sale the paint in rattle cans,I'm looking for the qt size cans.If you painted your griz machine please post some pics,maybe what paint you used and a link to it.Guys thanks for the help-----Carroll

I've used the Rustoleum Hammered Green in a spray can. I've found that if you apply light coats the "hammered" effect does not show up. The color match is surprisingly good.

Another option would be to take a color sample into an automotive paint store and have it color matched. Maybe even someone like Sherwin-Williams could provide an enamel.
    Wood'N'Scout

I made mobile carts for several of my griz machines and the Rustoleum paint matches very well.

A +1 for the Rust. Hammered Dark Green paint. I ordered the quart can because so many discussed the difficulty getting the hammered look.

Fellow creeker Jim O'Dell painted a mobile base he made for his saw. Maybe some details in this link: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...=grizzly+paint

Thanks guys for ideals,I like the color that Jim painted his mobile base so I got online and order a qt of the hammered dark green from HD which is free shipping.Well it should be cause it was 23.00 qt. Also order a qt of the hammered gray which I like it better than the hammered silver cause the gray is alittle darker.Thanks for the link to Jims post,and other suggestions

As Steve suggested bring it to Sherwin Williams for them to match it. The auto paint sprays very well and buy the topcoat (hardener) and spray it on after. It will look brand new.
    Don