Thread: Mirror Set-Up For Monitoring Laser

Mirror Set-Up For Monitoring Laser

I am trying to figure out the best way to install some type of mirror so I can more easily keep an eye on things from my desk. I'm about 2 feet away, but my desk is lower than the laser so I have to stand up to take a look.

Anyone have photos of examples of how you set it up?

Ed
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.

Two things, the one's I've seen for different type machines are hung from the ceiling over top of the machine, at a 45 degree angle.

At one point, I had a web cam that I used and it was the type that could be hung on top of a LCD panel, so it had a rubberish bendable bracket on it. I'd just open the webcam up, lay the camera on the lid, make the screen small enough I could keep it in the corner of my monitor and still get work done. It worked really well. I know that's not what you asked for but it did work great, and if I needed to work 10 feet away, I'd just maximize the screen so I could see the screen while working.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks Scott. Do you still use the webcam set-up and do you have the details of it, like how it's connected, mounted, etc? Sure seems like a great alternative.

Ed
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.

I don't use it any longer. At the time, I had a blower sitting next to me, so I put up a partition to block the noise. Now we have all our blowers in the ceiling so I'm not sitting next to the noise and I don't use the partitions, so I can just look over and see it. You don't need anything fancy, just get a cheaper name brand one and you'll be set. If it doesn't mount right, you can make something that holds it like you need it. I just sat mine on the lid in the bottom corner and pointed it across the table. If I had something more detailed, I'd just move it up to that area.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

If you have a wireless router in your home/office they can be run completely wirelessly, with the exception of the power cord. Trendnet is one cam I used. From any PC I could connect to the webcam and even have pan, tilt and zoom functions.

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i