Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snoring

Snoring

How many of you snore and how loud do you get? My dog keeps many of us awake. Little dog with a loud snore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    ........ how loud do you get?
    Excuse me, Rich, but..............How. In. The. Heck. Would I know?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Excuse me, Rich, but..............How. In. The. Heck. Would I know?
    Many of us have an outside source of reference to tell us....wives, etc. Ever wake yourself snoring?

my wife does that, laying on the couch watching tv. Next thing she's asleep and well sometimes the cats look at me like they're in disbelief. Then occationally she wakes herself up and looks up at me like I woke her up. All I can do is laugh and get in trouble....
    Universal Laser ILS 12.150D (48"x24") 135 watts total, with 60 watt and 75 watt laser cartridges. Class 4 Module (pass thru ability). Photograv 3.0, Corel X6, Adobe Design Standard CS4 Suite, Engrave Lab laser Version 8, Melco Single Head Comercial Embroidery Machine, The Magic Touch System with Oki C711WT printer, and Graphtec CE6000-60 plotter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Many of us have an outside source of reference to tell us....wives, etc. Ever wake yourself snoring?

My outside source has chosen not to burden me with the details.

And - no. I have not.

There have been a few occasions over the many years where the outside source was found sleeping on the couch. Asked "Why?" the reply was "Why do you think? Someone had too much wine to drink last night - thats why".
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

My wife says I snore.........sometimes she retreats to another bed in another room. In fact, sometimes I snore so loud, I wake myself up.....
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 03-23-2015 at 11:45 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    My wife says I snore.........sometimes she retreats to another bed in another room. In fact, sometimes I snore so loud, I wake myself up.....
    Ken,

Wow. I thought you had a hearing impairment. You must be loud. My wife does the same thing about moving elsewhere.

Blog Entries
    I snore when I'm REALLY tired (hard day of physical labor, high stress, etc.), so I do my best not to get to that point. The wife does a gentle snore... not enough to wake me up, but if I'm awakened for another reason, it can keep me awake.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

last night after posting, it's bed time for us. Wife now awake on the couch and I told her about this snoring thread and some of the OP post.
    She's just awake mind you, and looks at me sort of crazy looking and ask me "why did they put that on there?"

I grinned at her, and said - "they probably heard you snoring"!
    Universal Laser ILS 12.150D (48"x24") 135 watts total, with 60 watt and 75 watt laser cartridges. Class 4 Module (pass thru ability). Photograv 3.0, Corel X6, Adobe Design Standard CS4 Suite, Engrave Lab laser Version 8, Melco Single Head Comercial Embroidery Machine, The Magic Touch System with Oki C711WT printer, and Graphtec CE6000-60 plotter.

No. I do not snore.

My outside source has been known to lie, however...
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

I snore quite softly and delicately, I'm sure, but I have been told that I'm a really annoying sleep talker, especially if I'm really tired. I also apparently speak in some foreign tongue, which is unrecognizable, and get extremely frustrated when the outside source cannot interpret my comments. I've been told it's quite amusing, but I fail to see the humor.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

My wife can really get going...just gotta nudge her onto her side as the snoring can be quite bad when she is on her back. She fell asleep on the couch once and was really going so I recorded her with my phone. My daughter and I had quite the chuckle replaying it back to her later.

She tells me it's the same for me. I find it hard to believe that I can be as loud as her since I'm a very light sleeper but I cannot recall ever waking myself up from snoring.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

My bride insists that she might purr a little bit but she certainly doesn't snore. I'm not sure how she knows that, but it is a fact. I on the other hand have no concept of whether I do from my own senses but she claims there is often something as loud as a freight train going through our room and it isn't the dog that's responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lassiter View Post
    my wife does that, laying on the couch watching tv. Next thing she's asleep and well sometimes the cats look at me like they're in disbelief. Then occationally she wakes herself up and looks up at me like I woke her up. All I can do is laugh and get in trouble....
    Yes, my friend, we have parallel lives. Or is that wives?
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Snoring may be a symptom of something that needs to be assessed. Sleep apnea is one and a dangerous condition. Listen to the person snoring. Do they snore then quit breathing for a bit? Then suddenly take in a deep breath, start snoring the cease breathing and on and on.
    When one goes to sleep, in the deep zone so to speak. all muscles in one's body are paralyzed except the upper and lower sphincters, the heart and the diaphragm. If the soft pallet drops back and occludes the air way the CO2 drive kicks in and one has to wake up to breath. This can happen a few times during sleep or many, many times during the course of sleep.
    This malady can lead to a heart attack, stroke,and depression as examples.
    A Pulmonologist would be the preferred physician to see for an evaluation. A sleep study can be done and the recordings can verify what is going on and if treatment is needed.
    If one has sleep apnea it obviously is not conducive to adequate rest but one does not usually dream and that is a need when one is sleeping.
    That is what I recall in my days working as an RN in a hospital. No I didn't wear a hat.