Thread: Leigh d4 vrs

Leigh d4 vrs

Does anyone have the Vsr attachment for the leigh d4 dovetail jig? If so what do you think about it? Likes it work well for collecting the fine dust while cutting dovetails? Is It with the $110 cost? Does it make it easier to control the router, or is it harder since you can not see the cut? I am thinking about buying one, but don't want to spend the money if it is not going to work well. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

I believe it is worth the money. I have had it from day 1. Once I forgot to turn on the vac and what a mess. I can't say it captures the "fines", but does capture most of the chips. For me it does help supporting the router.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

I added one a year or two after owning the jig and yes I think it is worth the money. A lot less mess in the shop and it does help with supporting the router.

Yes, it is worth the money. No, it doesn't catch 100%, but as much as a router puts out, it only has to catch most to be valuable.

Jim

I wouldn't want the jig without it.

can't say it is worth the $$ for anybody but myself - I would buy it again for sure

makes the router a lot more stable esp when moving from one finger to the next - collects most of the debris to the point where you know instantly if the vac hose gets dislodged

visibility loss is not something that was an issue for me - you don't want your eyes below the fingers in any case, even with eye protection. after a few joints you can judge where the cutter is by looking at the router base relative to the jig fingers so after the 1st few joints i never even tried to look at the cutter

I agree with the others. I had a D4R and added the attachment when they came out. Worth it to keep the shavings and dust more controlled and to the vacuum. I use mine with my Festool vac and I am not covered in dust after cutting dovetails. Worth it.

A reputation for craftsmanship is a responsibility
    to never take lightly.

Definitely worth it...

I agree with all the others - absolutely worth it. Aside from the dust collection (which, while not "perfect" is pretty good), I find that the stability it gives to the router is worth the purchase price all by itself.
    I love mankind. It's people I can't stand.