Thread: E Emerson

E Emerson

David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

That post really got away from me.....anybody have these?

There are a few models-is stouter (still) better?
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Blog Entries
    I use the ones you show. I integrated my dado jig to work with them.

Dado Jig 2.0 (19).jpg

I use a short one for a small bandsaw fence and a long one for a guide. No complaints but, I don't frame houses or use a lot of sheet goods, I build mostly solid wood furniture; so my opinion is based on that sort of use.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I have a pair 24 inch model. I use them for sliding dove tails as well as scribing lines. They work well.

I have 3 of them - short. medium and long. The best I can muster about them is "meh". Bought them at Rockler when they were on sale. As clamps, they are tricky to use as you have to snug the tail piece up really tight before you lock it in place. The clamp head doesn't move that far so if you aren't pretty tight to begin with there is no clamping force. They are good as straight edges and I have used them in a pinch as a router guide. The "wide jaws (or what ever they call them) that came with the package were simply terrible - needed some hacking with a dremel to make them fit. Frankly, it's one tool set that I would not miss if it disappeared tomorrow. If they had stronger clamping action (or a better way of pre-tightening before the cam action), I would be a lot happier with them.

Like Phil says. You need to be carefull to get them tight enough. I like my old TrueGrip clamps a lot better.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Thanks all-I'll spend my $ on something else
    David