Thread: cab acrylic laquer

cab acrylic laquer

Has anyone used cab acrylic lacquer? Is it any different than nitrocellulose lacquer in that is it any harder to work with or the way it dries or the kind of finish it gives?

I have an hvlp sprayer for lacquer so I just would like to know if anyone has had any experience with this stuff.

I've shot water based acrylic lacquer. Very easy to work with. But you should be aware that acrylic lacquer is not water resistant like nitrocellulose lacquer. If water sits on acrylic lacquer too long it will turn the lacquer white and can do worse.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Water borne finishes are relatively easy to use and so much safer than solvent based products. Since I started spraying in the early 2000's, I have only used water borne acrylic products.

I'm not familiar with the CAB product, but have sprayed gallons of Target Coatings EM6000 (and its predecessors) with great satisfaction.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The biggest difference I have noticed is that it seems to blush less in humid weather and seems a little less prone to fish eye.