Thread: Powermatic 3520 Easy Core owners, Need Help Please

Powermatic 3520 Easy Core owners, Need Help Please

Help me Robo! Or somebody!

I own a PM 3520 and an Easy Core system. We moved from Oklahoma to Texas three years ago. I have not used my Easy core here in Texas, and for quite a while in Oklahoma prior to the move.
    So today I was all ready to core some Pecan. I watched the DVD to refresh my memory. I checked the cutter height, perfect. I checked the finger support height, no good.
    Long story short, I lost the steel slug that goes down into the support finger mount shaft. It is held in place by a set screw.
    I measured the one for the cutter and it is 7/8"x 1.5" long. So it is 1/8" smaller than the hole it goes down into.
    So the support finger shaft is 1 1/8", so I'm guessing the missing slug is 1".

What I need is, someone to measure the slug in the bottom of the finger support mount. This slug is just a piece of rod, but I don't know how long it is and I'm guessing at the diameter. This slug is what the long set screw on the bottom of your finger support shaft rides on.

I think it may be different for different lathe makes, so I need someone with a PM 3530 to measure theirs.

Thanks.

RP
    Brenham, Texas

BTW, I did call OneWay, but the Easy Core guy was not in. They left a message for me.

When I bought my 3520b I also bought a Oneway base. Both the lathe and the base were used and I didn't get any documentation so I assume that the coring base went with the 3520b. I have used it successfully. I just measured the plugs that are in each of the support tubes. They are 1.5 inches tall and 7/8" in diameter.

Hope that this helps. Happy coring!

Cheers,
    David

Thanks David.
    Now I just have to find rod to make one. I may just use a bolt and cut it off.

RP

Big Box Store has steel rod I get mine there. My Lowe's carries 7/8.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Well, if you have any dry pecan or hickory, or oak, or hard maple, turn a wood dowel and drop it in. Been there, and done that....

robo hippy

One could also find a bolt that fit into the 7/8" hole and cut it to length.
    Jack

Thanks again for all your responses. I just wanted to make sure I had the correct dimensions

RP