Thread: Wood counters in Kitchen

Wood counters in Kitchen

There were a couple threads here I can't find now, about the practicality of wood tops near water sources, one of which was mine that may have been deleted. Anyway, I said I'd put up a pic when I finished and so never to disappoint here we are. Instead of heart pine like I wanted to use, I went with some recommendations I got here and elsewhere and went with butcherblock maple. I then used a Kohler sink that has a very thin lip and states it can be used for rim or undermount. I hope this combo holds up, if it doesn't I will be the first to admit it was a mistake.

I can say this much. The appliances, cabinetry and finish materials all look very nice together.

Very nice!

Just be diligent about not leaving standing water on the counters and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Very nice!

Just be diligent about not leaving standing water on the counters and you will be fine.
    Ditto.

NIce job on the combination of colors/tones - cabinets & walls.........looks great.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Blog Entries
    Very nice work.

As far as finding other threads or posts, go to your user profile and there are two options. One is to look at threads started by you, the other is to look at recent posts. Since you have just 36 posts, it shouldn't be too hard to locate the one you are interested in. Heart pine counter
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute