Thread: Unloading and moving a Hammer K3 Winner 79

Unloading and moving a Hammer K3 Winner 79

I received an email today with tracking information for a Hammer K3W 79. Pictures of the crated machine are included. Now, I am thinking about unloading this thing from the crate once it arrives. I didn't buy the Felder mobility kit because it lacks a leveling option (my garage floor is not level). From reading this board, I understand the machine comes broken down into units. Unfortunately, the crate is covered so I can not see the units to formulate a plan of attack.

I've a 2-ton engine hoist. It isn't the best solution due to the hoist's legs being in the way. There are ways around this though, but I thought there might be a better solution that someone has come up with here.

I can also rent a pallet jack locally.

Any tips?

K3W79_01.jpg K3W79_02.jpg

I bought the mobility kit, built a ramp next to the pallet, and just rolled it off and into place. You should be able to do the same with a pallet jack. The ramp works very well, but needs to be a couple feet wide to make your move a bit gradual. The pallet is 5 or 6" high. Have fun with your saw!

In similar fashion, I used a transmission/engine stand with long hydraulic lift arm and car towing strap around bottom of A3-41 Jointer Planner to move it. That way, I did not lift by using the tables.
    I like Jim Andrew's comments above. Enjoy your new Hammer.