Thread: I should be able to give a good overview of Grizzly Tools

I should be able to give a good overview of Grizzly Tools

I am expecting my 50 inch 3hp table saw on Thursday and my 8 inch jointer next week. After that, and who knows when, the new 766 lathe. I am really hoping to have a great overall experience. The hardest part for me will be getting the tools from my garage to my lower level woodshop. I have a garage door on the shop and hope my mower and 4 x 6 trailer will do the trick. Thats how I haul most of my large sheets goods anyhow. Anyone interested in giving an opinion, the only question I have is how to get the main tool crate (meaning the motor and case for table saw and jointer) from the pallet to my trailer. Trailer does tilt and sits approx 14 inches off the ground. Any ideas would be appreciated.

A couple of 2x12 ramps and scoot it up onto the trailer. Or tilt the trailer down and push them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Schuch View Post
    A couple of 2x12 ramps and scoot it up onto the trailer. Or tilt the trailer down and push them on.

This plus a Come Along winch. You might be able to rent one from a hardware store or U Haul rental place.

Have the delivery guy put it on your trailer from the truck. He is going to have a pallet truck. Just make a ramp. Or pay him a few bucks to wrestle the pallet truck down to the shop.

Scott

The driver will have a lift gate on the truck also. He can lower it until it is even with the trailer then push it on with the pallet truck. Done deal. I hope it is that easy

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hart View Post
    Scott

The driver will have a lift gate on the truck also. He can lower it until it is even with the trailer then push it on with the pallet truck. Done deal. I hope it is that easy
    This is how I did it with my G0490X jointer except I had him put it in the back of my pickup truck. Then I drove around back to the workshop and I used two work benches. I slid the jointer out onto one bench then onto the next bench. I leap frog'd the benches until the jointer was inside the workshop. The benefit of this was the jointer was already higher than the base so mounting it was easy. Good luck and enjoy the new tools.

Red
    RED

Thanks for the great suggestions. Sometimes I just don't see the obvious. Hope it all goes well.

I think Shiraz should think about leveraging his company's stellar reputation and bring out a line of premium tools.

A come-along winch and an engine hoist (sometimes called a "shop crane") work wonders.winch.jpgcrane.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brandstetter View Post
    I am expecting my 50 inch 3hp table saw on Thursday and my 8 inch jointer next week. After that, and who knows when, the new 766 lathe. I am really hoping to have a great overall experience. The hardest part for me will be getting the tools from my garage to my lower level woodshop. I have a garage door on the shop and hope my mower and 4 x 6 trailer will do the trick. Thats how I haul most of my large sheets goods anyhow. Anyone interested in giving an opinion, the only question I have is how to get the main tool crate (meaning the motor and case for table saw and jointer) from the pallet to my trailer. Trailer does tilt and sits approx 14 inches off the ground. Any ideas would be appreciated.

If you have an I-Beam available then a trolly with a chain hoist works much safer than most things like a come-along. It can typically lift a bit higher than other options as well. That likely won't be a problem with your tools though.