Thread: Suggestions CNC think affordable.

Suggestions CNC think affordable.

So I'm going to be cutting MDF material. And that is really about it.

I'm not adverse to buying a China made CNC. And if so have any of you purchased one, and if so what company served you well?

I have a China laser and have been happy, but the company that I want to buy the CNC from only takes Western Union that I know of, and I don't what to use western union? Any thoughts?

Of course cost is always important. It need to be pretty basic. 1 spindle. And does not have to cut super fast either?
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Try looking into Shop-Bot, they don't seem to be all that expensive and the people that I know that own them are quite pleased with them. I haven't made a final decision on if I'm going to purchase a CNC router, but, if I do I'm leaning towards the Shop-Bot.
    Len

Only Western Union? I would keep looking.

John

Would you be interested in building your own? I want to believe I saved a lot doing that, but I have no comparisons to back it up.

What size machine are you looking at for MDF cutting? Good dust collection and a good dust shoe will be VERY important.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Worth a good looksee !!
    www.camaster.com/product/
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 04-03-2015 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Link to Sponsor

I recently completed a build of a Shapeoko2 kit type system. It's no longer available, but Inventables has a new model, X-Carve, in kit form at a good price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

The ShapeOko 3 is also available (just began shipping), and is a significant improvement:

- 16" x 16" work area
    - much more rigid --- makes a 5' x 5' machine feasible w/o additional supports
    - NEMA 23 motors by default
    - new driver board and simpler cable management

Compared to the X-carve it may be a better value for some people. This should improve once upgrade kits are available for the SO3.