Thread: Recent Project

Recent Project

Just recently completed the vanity for the bathroom. The cabinet boxes are made from maple ply pre-finished with clear one side (inside) and faced with oak to match the rest of the trim in the house. Drawers are made from soft maple using Blum Blum blumotion slides and self closing hinges. The bun feet were purchased from tablelegs.com and the plinth blocks were purchased from my trim supplier. The plinth blocks were for regular door casing and I thinned them down using my drum sander and a sled. I made the fluted panels using a fluting jig purchased from Infintiy Tool.

P1030051.jpgP1030052.jpgP1030054.jpg

The bathroom is small 5' X 12' so it is hard to get back far enough for pics.
    Last edited by George Bokros; 04-02-2015 at 10:11 PM.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Looks great George!

Looks great.
    Just wondering is it 5" long, 5" wide or 5" high, the pics don't seem to be capturing the perspective properly.

Quote Originally Posted by mike mcilroy View Post
    Looks great.
    Just wondering is it 5" long, 5" wide or 5" high, the pics don't seem to be capturing the perspective properly.
    Ooops. I fixed my typo, it is 5' X12'. The vanity is 5 ft long between two walls.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

It looks really great, George. After having our master bathroom torn up for 3 months while I re-did tile and wood I can appreciate the aggravations of your project. Very well done.

Very nice work!