Thread: Incra Ultra TS....upgrade to LS or replace?

Incra Ultra TS....upgrade to LS or replace?

I have an old-ish Intra Ultra setup on my table saw. While I love the fence (and all Incra stuff Ive ever purchased), I hate having to reach far far away to adjust it. The newer version (leadscrew) at least has the micro adjust right near the fence face to make it easier to micro-adjust, but you still need to reach all the way back to unlock the carriage.

So....is it worth it to upgrade the positioner to the LS version (positioner alone is about $220), or should I just ditch it altogether and get something like the Delta T2?

My saw is a Ridgid 4511 and the stock fence was meh from day one, so going back to stock isnt really a great option.

I dont do a whole lot of small parts/repetitive stuff, but I dont want to rule out ever doing so in the future. I do have an LS setup for my router table and love it there.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris
    The worst part about mistakes is that you have to make them before you can learn from them.

Chris,

If I was going to put a router table on the saw I might consider adding the Incra system on it but you need the space to do it. Even if your not considering adding a router table, you still need space off the right side. I don't have any one chunk of space in my shop to do that so it wasn't a consideration when I upgraded the fence on my 4511 to the T2 YMMV. Nothing special about the T2, it was just the least expensive decent fence for the crappy 2 piece fence that came with the saw. You can see I really like Incra stuff by the pictures but the LS on the TS wasn't for me.

Ridgid Incra 2.jpgIRL 1.jpg

Like you, I have an old-style Ultra on my table saw and a new LS-style Incra on my router table. I don't find the micro-adjust on the old version to be a problem, but if you frequently make microadjustments on the table saw, I'd spend the $220 in order to retain the superb repeatability of the Incra fence.