Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to use

Thanks Guy Hillard that is what i seen some one doing on YouTube and this was why i was asking because it didnt show every thing
    STILL A NEWBY LEARNING MY WAY
    Junior Hall
    Boss laser
    engravelab 9v

Junior

There are a number of metals that you can engrave (mark) with your laser. Get a copy of the JDS catalog and study it. You can do a lot of things with various metals and JDS has most of them on hand.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

thanks Mike Null I am waiting on the catalog right now

Thanks to every one for your help I hope some day i can contribute to others like you all have done in the past for others
    STILL A NEWBY LEARNING MY WAY
    Junior Hall
    Boss laser
    engravelab 9v

Rich you seem to single me out as being wrong, if you read my post you will see it clearly it says MARK and not engrave or etch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    CO2 lasers do mark some metals. Anodized aluminum marks very well as do some steels - no Cermark required.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Rich you seem to single me out as being wrong, if you read my post you will see it clearly it says MARK and not engrave or etch.
    You said "the co2 does not engrave metal it will mark metal with cermark...". I interpreted that as you saying that Cermark was required in order to mark metals. So I said that a CO2 will mark some metals without needing Cermark. I made no argument regarding engraving or etching.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408