Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SCMI Minimax delivered the wrong saw... What would you do?

If MiniMax had taken the saw back when it was first delivered it could have been legally and ethically sold to another customer as new. Now that it has been paid for and in the posession of the OP for over a year that is no longer the case.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 04-08-2015 at 9:19 PM.

If MiniMax had taken the saw back when it was first delivered it could have been legally and ethically sold to another customer as new. Now that it has been paid for and in the posession of the OP for over a year that is no longer the case.
    The OP said he got deal because it was a demo so this doesn't sound exactly like a routine order to me. Got a bargain waited two years I think both sides have some responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Dipan Patel View Post
    Turns out they shipped me the 5.5' sliding table version of the saw.
    Having gone from using a 10.5’ slider (professional use) to a 5.5’ (personal home use), I’d say I really prefer the smaller saw. The vast majority of the cuts I make are not more than 36” and it’s a lot less work moving the shorter slide back and forth all day when I’m in there. I also find less wagon length getting in the way walking around the machine in the shop.

If SCM were willing to refund you the difference in price between the two machines, I’d consider using the money to buy a TS 55 (or similar) and 2700mm track to break down sheet goods.

Just a suggestion anyway. If you're planing on using the machine professionally, disregard everything above.

No disagreement there.

I think there will be a happy ending to this story, too.

It may just take a little longer given the size of the parts and distances involved.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 04-08-2015 at 9:20 PM.

Sometimes companies, like people, need to be pushed a little to find a reasonable middle ground. I bought a Euro slot mortiser years ago, one of the few new machines I own. Hauled it 100 miles home only to find that one of the electrics modules was 440v in error. Called customer service and was told I would need to return the machine, leave it and pick it up when repaired. 400 miles total. My fault for not noticing the problem at the pickup location. I gave him the choice of picking up the machine himself, hiring an electrician to come and fix it at my place, or send me the part and I would fix myself plus a credit on a powerfeeder. They took the feeder deal and I was happy but it took a little negotiating. Had I waited a year, I would have lost the battle. Dave

For info - the difference between a 5.5' CU300 and a 8.5' CU300 was $700 about a year and a half ago

Am I the only person who is wondering what kind of a cyborg you have to be to resist the temptation to tear into that crate and at least look at all the parts for 2 years? I know I'd have that thing fully assembled insitu in a matter of days, even if I had to dissamble parts again to move it to it's final home. Not a knock on the OP but I don't have that kind of patience.

SCMI has generiously stepped up and offered to assist in resolving this situation in spite of the fact that the machine was a Demo unit and the warranty has expired. Given that the OP allowed so much time to go by before contacting SCMI he has some responsibility for the situation, certainly as much fault as the mistake made shipping the wrong machine which SCMI has offered to correct.

As this situation is currently being negotiated by both parties this thread serves no constructive purpose other than to agitate the situation which is not in this best interests of this Community.