Thread: Is there a way...

Is there a way...

I would like to store threads that have a particular interest to me. Is there a place I can store thread titles so I can quickly find a thread?

Chuck....at the top of the thread that interests you....click on the "Thread Tools" drop-down window and select "Subscribe". You can elect to notified or not be notified by email of any changes to the thread. Then you can go to "Settings" at the top of your screen and scroll down....on the left side is "My Subscriptions". The threads to which you have subscribed will be listed there by title.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Another way is to create a folder on your computer. Then you copy the thread URL, create a shortcut in that folder, paste the URL, and give it a name. You can create child folders to organize those links any way you want to.
    I use that method for all the forums I belong to. It's a folder right on my desktop.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Another way is to create a folder on your computer. Then you copy the thread URL, create a shortcut in that folder, paste the URL, and give it a name. You can create child folders to organize those links any way you want to.
    I use that method for all the forums I belong to. It's a folder right on my desktop.
    I did that at one time... and then the forum software changed the way they linked to threads. Made every single one of them useless since what I had copied was merely a sequence of numbers. Once the threads were pointed to by a different sequence of numbers, I was stuffed. Now I just cut-and-paste the info I need into a file.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Thank you.