Thread: cnc machnes and me /

cnc machnes and me /

should the thought of owning a cnc machine be scary to a older non computer expert person. or can it be learned without a huge learning curve ? if possible where does one start and what would be a good first time machine . mostly for cabinet work and some carving. thanks for any advice any one could give me.

With youtube and forums you can give anything a try these days. Welcome to the creek. Join Vectric forums too. Vectric can get you cutting in short order.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Welcome Francis! No it should not be a scary experience for an older person, I am older and learning little by little. Do not let this technology intimidate you, you will learn as you go and can ask lots of questions here and on other forums as well. I guess you need to figure out what size will work with projects you want to build, size of your shop too and budget. There are several brands out there that are ready to use right out of the crate. Do some research on the different brands and ask lots of questions, chances are you will find owners of machines you will be interested in. I have recieved lots of help here and on other forums just by asking questions, do not be shy.