Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Choice of wood for a Cutting Board?

Nice boards, Al. BTW, where did you get that branding iron? Much nicer than the one I use.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Nice boards, Al. BTW, where did you get that branding iron? Much nicer than the one I use.
    Thanks!

Here ya go! https://www.brandnew.net/estore/shopexd.asp?id=48
    I practiced with it on the same material that I branded, in this case cherry. I used a small flame propane torch for 1 1/2 minute, boxed in a reference corner for the branding location with wood, placed the iron against the "wooden" corner, set the iron down flat with slight pressure, & held it there for ~ 3 seconds. Time will vary by wood type.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Launier View Post
    Thanks!

Here ya go! https://www.brandnew.net/estore/shopexd.asp?id=48
    I practiced with it on the same material that I branded, in this case cherry. I used a small flame propane torch for 1 1/2 minute, boxed in a reference corner for the branding location with wood, placed the iron against the "wooden" corner, set the iron down flat with slight pressure, & held it there for ~ 3 seconds. Time will vary by wood type.
    Thanks. Just ordered one. Now back to your previously schedule thread.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.