Thread: That white wood project PIP

Cool That white wood project PIP

Delivered the Kitchen Island last night. Brought upstairs from the Dungeon Shop. Sat it right in the middle of the Boss' Kitchen floor. Got to the point that all that was needed was to install a door, and let her paint it.

So, a look at what became of that pile of pine boards, and some 1/4" plywood for the same store?
    end view.jpg
    Non cabinet end. Knobs matched to the ones on the rest of the drawers in the Kitchen
    drawer view.jpg
    A look at the closed in sides of a cabinet for trays and such, and
    Delivered,sans door.jpg
    That angled piece is the door. Sent the Boss out to pick up some hinges.

Have a quart of Kilz white prime and a brush for her to use.......So far, less than $30 for supplies for this Island...

Blog Entries
    Nice looking project.

I must ask though, did you neander the plywood. My 8 ppi panel saw would not cut the edges that crispy. I suppose a hand plane would smooth the edges.

Lot of plane work to refine sawn edges, and used a lot of factory edges. Helps to knife the lines, too.

Plywood for the bottom shelf sits in rebates cut by a Wards (Stanley)#78. Depth of the rebate was gauged right off the thickness of the plywood panel.

Been trying out an older handsaw. #091 The Imp. About 1910 or so for a date on the saw. 8ppi, 26" long. Seems to do...ok.

Looks good. I really like how you just get it done.
    I find that plywood planes just fine, i have a dedicated older plane for that. Also LV sells japanese saw that they specifically market for plywood and it does work.

Well, door is now installed
    IMAG0081.jpg
    Installed a magnetic closure last night. Picked up a 7/8" dowel rod. Will add a dish towel rod right below the drawer on this end. A few fancified cuts, and a couple Stainless Steel screws. Not sure IF I could do another at the other end, though
    IMAG0082.jpg
    Drawers work as designed. Bottom shelf now has it's designed "load" in place. Might need to go back and add a kicker
    IMAG0083.jpg
    Since there seems to be some "droop" going on. Maybe just a strip of pine scrap.....

Looks great! Nice work.

Thank you, sir!

I took a 7/8" dowel rod, notched both ends, added a flattened backside to the rod with a jack plane. Installed on the closed end to act as a towel bar
    IMAG0093.jpg
    should work for the dish towel...