Thread: Telecaster Build #2

Telecaster Build #2

For the love of God someone please stop me!!!

I always wanted three things, a P90 guitar, a semi-hollow Tele and a Butterscotch Blonde Tele. Well, if ya want it, why not build it all in one!

I made it out of ash with a roasted maple/rosewood neck. I mounted a pair of Duncan P-Rails with full four-way wiring using push pull pots on the two tones. I can run just the P90s, just the single coils, P90/Single coil in series and P90/Single Coils in parallel. With the three way switch I can get 12 distinct tones from this thing. I have to say that I think these P-Rails are just about the best sounding pickups I have in my arsenal. Even in full humbucker mode they don't get muddy. They growl but they are still articulate. This thing is fast becoming my favorite guitar.

Chuck, if you want this insanity to stop, decide to do some fancy inlay on your next guitar. It worked for me.

I have to go now. There's a semi-hollow Tele I have to build.

BTW, nice work. I would say more, because it really is, but I don't want to be labeled an enabler.

Beautiful.....really nice work.!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.