Thread: Printer for large format SketchUp

Printer for large format SketchUp

Anyone successfully use a large format printer for this?

I have Windows 7, and the HP large format printer.

3 years ago, it was a major hassle to do.

I can't describe how aggravated I got with all the hours spent with HP support on several occasions. A lot of that was just trying to print normal stuff.

If there is a reasonable way to print Sketchup using 18by24 paper, I am open to trying that again, too.

However, the last go round with the above was just way way too much trouble--repeatedly.

Thanks!
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

What issues are you having?

I don't own a large format printer, but frequently print sketchup images at fedex/kinkos without issue. More frequently they've been brought into Layout so I can scale them and add notations, have you tried that? (also allows you to print pdf, which I presume helps)

David, when you go into File>Print in SketchUp, what size does it show for the paper? At the top of the Print window there's a line for Printer Name. Does it show your large format printer? Make sure that printer is selected and click on Properties. You should get an option to choose paper size there. Can you choose the larger paper size?

It would actually be easier if you can go through LayOut because you can create a PDF file. Besides better options for adding dimensions, labels and other stuff, you can also get better looking line reproduction because you can get vector lines instead of raster and you can choose any paper size, standard or custom. but that does require the pro version of SketchUp.
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 04-10-2015 at 10:47 AM.

I been through all the no-brainer stuff in settings, preferences, etc.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

What are you doing this afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    What are you doing this afternoon?
    I might be free from 2-3PM. Maybe. Thanks
    David