Thread: CVMax Plan - Feedback?

CVMax Plan - Feedback?

I've got a two-car garage shop next to my two-car garage that is used for cars.

I've not locked down my tool placement, and I have everything on roller bases. That said, the oliver 270D and the D&W 20 don't really move that well even on bases. Just too heavy. :-)
    I'm currently using a rollaround delta unit that is just not adequate, but I have centrally located. Getting rid of the floor space taken up by this is going to really help.
    Not to mention it won't keep up with the jointer.

I'm planning to order a clearvue CVMAX, run an 8" pipe to the middle of the shop, and drop a flex 6" from the middle long enough to reach to my other tools, and once I get a stable tool location setup I'll worry about more static setups.

Think this will work ok? It's not final or ideal, but still so much better than my current state.

-Bob

Should be fine; I have gotten good results with worse.
    If you are only using one machine, the 8" is overkill. The idea is to have two 6" feed one 8"; if you only use one, all 6" won't be that much different than half 6" and half 8". Well, at least for your temporary set up.

Use the 8" main and leave a port open on a six inch Y coming off it plus whatever other port is open. The Max will easily support the flow of two six inch ducts so my advice to customers was to have a permanently open port above their main work area with a blast gate that could be closed if needed and then the other six inch to your selected machine. This set up scrubs the air of the very fine dust that starts to float around when wood machining is done. It is this dust which is the dangerous stuff as it gets embedded in the lungs and stays there.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Well, I ordered it! I'll post pictures in a few weeks (I hope!).

I'm trying to find the right 8" flex hose for my initial temporary setup. Will the UC30 hose stand up to the 5hp CVmax?

http://wynnenv.com/products-page/woodworking_hose/

-Bob

Wynn Environmental are the go to guys for this

http://wynnenv.com/
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening