Thread: Help with weird label print

Help with weird label print

3x5 Labels.JPG

Got the above 3x5 labels from Amazon to put on all my containers on the wall-houses all the massive amount of tools, etc from the recent renovation

So, I order the above, and was disappointed when I saw that I couldn't load the sheet of labels into my printer like you do with binder tabs.

It is a 5x9 sheet of 3 labels (each label is 3x5)

This outfit was $37 (50 ea)-so I gotta make it work.

Anyone know an easy way to use the labels as the are, sheet of 3?

Maybe figure out exactly where to tape the sheet of 3 to a regular sheet of paper, figure out the grid and then run that through the printer 17 times? Sounds like a lot of trouble for woodworking.

I have a cheapo big cutter to print on a 8 1/2 by 11 sheet, and cut up, but am afraid it will look half-sloppy
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Blog Entries
    Have you looked to see if Avery has a similar sized label? There are free templates for nearly all Avery Labels that work with MS Word.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I looked on Avery, but did not see any 3 x 5 labels. What application are you printing from - word? If so, just create a paper size of 5 x 9, then insert a table into it dividing the page into 3 @ 3 x 5 labels. Fill in the labels and send it to your printer's manual feed. I can help if you need it.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Does the printer have a rear tray? You can usually adjust them for any size paper.
    In printer setup tell it what paper size it is. Portrait or landscape.
    Is there special software to download and install?
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 04-11-2015 at 10:20 AM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I guess the first question is what printer are you trying to print them on?
    Next what software are you using to print from?

In some software like Word you can set a custom paper size and go from there.

You guys are the best.

I opened up the tray, and right there is an indicator that 3x5 paper, et al can be loaded.

I will figure out in the next week or two.

Too tired right now.

thanks again.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

If you can't find a template, you can also use frames. Make the gaps between the frames correspond to the gaps between the labels then save it as a template.