Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: where to buy a mans wallet online...

I typically buy them from eBags.com, entering through ebates.com for additional savings.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    I need a new wallet and the selection where i live is poor...where could I buy a mans wallet online?
    I ended up buying a FEYNSINN wallet from Amazon. Usually my experience is buying from Amazon.com is cheaper than Amazon.ca but not this time. slightly cheaper, about $10, from Amazon.ca

All my plastic cards, wrapped in my bills, held together with an O ring.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Rogue Wallet. If you carry your wallet in your front pocket, as I do, this is THE wallet for you. If you don't carry in front, then others are better.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

A bit off the topic but still somewhat relevant - With the advent of the chip enabled credit cards, I've been looking for a CC wallet/sleeve that is RFID/NFC blocking. I've found a few but they're too bulky for my taste. Anyway, the point is that you may want to look at wallets that offer RFID/NFC protection.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanford View Post
    Rogue Wallet. If you carry your wallet in your front pocket, as I do, this is THE wallet for you. If you don't carry in front, then others are better.
    I actually do carry my wallet in the front pocket and have for many years now. It's much more comfortable and frankly, I consider it more secure, too. But I like a smaller "card" wallet for this as I carry almost no cash. I currently use a product made by TUMI.
    --

Blog Entries
    I bought a very nice one from Orvis
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    I bought a very nice one from Orvis
    Dennis,

The orvis wallet is really nice and I would buy it if there was not a wildlife export restriction. The Orvis wallet I like is made of bison leather.

Blog Entries
    Dennis, The orvis wallet is really nice and I would buy it if there was not a wildlife export restriction. The Orvis wallet I like is made of bison leather.
    Not likely to be from wild American Bison. Most likely from farm raised American Bison. Lots in this area and many western states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill ThompsonNM View Post
    Not likely to be from wild American Bison. Most likely from farm raised American Bison. Lots in this area and many western states.
    Bill,
    This is the response I got from customer service regarding the bison leather wallet...

Thank you for your interest in the American Bison Thinfold Leather Wallet (01FJ). I am sorry, this item cannot be exported due to Wild Life export regulations.

Blog Entries
    Bill, This is the response I got from customer service regarding the bison leather wallet... Thank you for your interest in the American Bison Thinfold Leather Wallet (01FJ). I am sorry, this item cannot be exported due to Wild Life export regulations.
    Strange isn't it.

This is the largest wallet I've carried in years: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Leather...item3f3be8d240 So far it's lasted more than 6 months. I used to just carry a card sleeve in my left front pocket, and cash in the right, but the iphone bunches up bills too much to share the same pocket.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 04-19-2015 at 1:17 PM.

Is it true american wallets don't have a place for coins and also that is whats considered part of beings a mans wallet?

My wallet was bought in Vietnam in a Saigon supermarket, fished it out some corner with a bunch of others. I think it was 100,000+

Dennis, there are a few "Men's" wallets available with a coin pouch, but I don't believe there's much choice available for that...probably due to little demand. Perhaps this might change (pardon the pun) if the US ever adopts a dollar coin instead of continuing to print paper one dollar bills as other countries have for their primary unit of monetary measure, but that's been an uphill battle. There is also the very strong and growing influence of electronic payment systems...folks already carry less cash than they used to and that trend likely will continued. I pretty much never have more than $100 in my wallet (5 20s if I just hit the ATM) and that lasts me weeks. My wallet is primarily for ID, a few credit cards and necessary carry-with things like insurance cards, vehicle registrations, a DC Metro card and, of course, my Costco card. I have a printed and laminated thin slip of paper for all my other "affinity IDs", such as airline and hotel numbers, etc.

Frankly, I don't carry coins other than a couple of quarters. When I get coins for change, the pennies, nickels and dimes go into the donation bin at the counter. I only keep the quarters which I use to fill out a gratuity at lunch when I'm paying cash or for Professor Dr. SWMBO to use in the parking meter at the train station.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 04-20-2015 at 11:56 AM.
    --

The main reason I have my wallet is for carrying debit cards and coins for meters or shopping carts (we use a pawn system for carts here), so having a place to put them is more important to me than bills, I usually have about 1 euro worth of cash on me, for the aforementioned purposes. Electronic payment in Finland has had massive adoption in the last 5-6 years, stand in line at the supermarket and you'll see maybe 1 in 10 pay in cash nowadays, if even that.