Thread: Leave of absence

Leave of absence

Hey folks,

I'm about done with my degree and finally got a "real" job. It's for a little software company east of Seattle founded by some guy named Gates. Anyway, I've found I've hardly had time to keep up with my email and realized that I hadn't visited SMC for two weeks. I'll check in every so often, and be sure to PM me if there's anything I can help with. This is one of my favorite communities on the internet and i appreciate how helpful everyone is here.

Cheers!

P.S. The new company doesn't have something comparable to "my" Kern on site, but they do have an Epilog and ULS (as well as a 4-axis Roland mill!) for employee use, so I'll still have something to futz around with once my key to the university shop gets taken away.
    Center for Experimental Nuclear Physics and Astrophysics - University of Washington
    Kern 400W 4'x8' HSE with metal cutting add-on and rotary stage
    2-axis CNC mill, 2 manual mills, 3 lathes, other standard shop tools, . . . and a 7.5 MeV tandem Van de Graaff particle accelerator

Good luck in your future endeavors. You have shared some interesting posts with us!
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Good luck Matt, it's great to have a job so you have money coming in to pay for materials and projects.
    Rayjet 30
    Coreldraw X6
    Roland GX24 Vinyl cutter

Best of luck Matt, the working world of Physics is one hell of a ride and truly the best of times
    You did what !

Congrats on the new job! One of their employees talked them into buying the lasers after I did a few award jobs for them on mine. He's a great guy and you will probably run into him at some point. He does acrylic and wood puzzles on the side, which used to be regular work for me when I did the sign business full-time. I see him most Saturdays May-September at his booth at the Issaquah Farmer's Market.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Good deal Matt! Hope you like working there!!
    Hobby Laser - 1800 X 1300 dual tube Shenhui (100 and 80W)

Congratulations Matt, Keep in touch a and let us know how things go!
    Wishing you all the best!
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.