Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

13 Apr 2015

Good Morning Everyone,
    Been real busy with working in the yard, taking care of seedling plants for the garden and trying to figure out what the LOML and her mother want to do about landscaping the back part of the yard. I feel like I'm trying to heard cats most days on this while trying to get them to decide on "something".

Still working on the guitar build project and making decent progress. I'll try and post a pic or two next week.

Back to the daily grind today and looks like rain for most of the week.....here's to hoping for better weather in the coming days.

That's it for me, so what did you do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I had a road trip this weekend. Left Little Rock Friday afternoon and arrived in Springfield MO around 9:30 that evening. On Saturday morning I went to the Grizzly tool store in Springfield and spent a few hours gendering around the place. I keep reading reviews and seeing pic's of all the bigger tools but there is no place close enough in Arkansas to go look at these items so I decided to take a road trip. It was interesting to say the least, looked at Cyclone dust collectors and they appear a lot bigger in person than you would think, Band saw's which was nice to get a feel on what size I would like to have in my shop, sliding table saws - these were a lot different than I expected, I have a Uni-Saw so looking at the slider I guess you would have to re-think the way you originally worked on a table saw, Sliding table saw attachment - this was a neat add on device I have read a lot about and the unit was very smooth but as others have said there are no positive stops other than 45/90 and the miter gauge on the unit seemed lacking. Overall it was a very education event for me.

Sunday cut the grass again and fighting the pollen, been hacking and coughing all morning.

Quote Originally Posted by William A Johnston View Post
    Sunday cut the grass again and fighting the pollen, been hacking and coughing all morning.
    Claritin is your friend.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

I had 5 tasks planned for the weekend.

1. Laundry - got that done. Wooohooo!!
    2. Get Worg (a Yamaha WR250R) running. This involved figuring out how to get to the battery without breaking anything, getting the battery charged up so I could hopefully start it, and if not figuring out why it wouldn't start. Got the first two accomplished, didn't get the third. I'm not sure, but I think the fuel pump simply isn't doing its thing, so I'm going to be focusing on that next.
    3. Get mystery project completed. This, I almost managed to do. It involved heavy lifting, assembly, disassembly, much fiddling, some cutting, more assembly/disassembly/fiddling. Unfortunately, one component is missing some hardware (non critical), and for another aspect I ended up getting a piece that wasn't long enough for my needs. The too short piece is all on me, because I made an erroneous assumption concerning the length of another element. Sigh.
    4. Install tail vise on Split Top Roubo. Did not get to this, but I did get all the stuff that accumulated on top of the slab cleared away / put away.
    5. Figure out and, if possible, resolve the fluid leak afflicting my ST1300 and driveway. Didn't even get to this, as I must have Worg running before I can start work on STeed. A man's got to be able to get to work.

#2 took some more time than hoped, as the battery was slower to charge than I'd anticipated. #3 took a LOT more time, mostly because it was much, much fiddlier than expected. I'm hoping to finish up on #3 this week, and also knock out #4. Plus some shop cleanup.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Blog Entries
    I started building a shelving cabinet. I scored some natural maple with goof figure. I got all the tails cut and one of the sets of pins.

Headed out on another business trip this morning.

Went to Nashville - went to a Perennial Plant Society Sale, advertised as 9 - 12 or till sold out. Sold out at 9:30. While we were at the fairgrounds we stuck our head into another building where we saw dogs coming out. Some kind of "fly-ball" event going on. What a hoot. Went to Cheekwood to see the 100,000+ tulips. Ate out twice and came home. Probably the prettiest day I can ever remember.

Saturday morning my son in law helped me pick up (literally) a new to me Rikon 10-325 BS. In as new condition via Craigslist. Payed $750 which I felt a good bargain. Got it home and immediately broke it down, as it was very pooly calibrated. After about 4-5 solid hous of dicking around, new TW blade and new calibrating, it cuts like a dream. I'm excited to resaw some curly maple and some oak burl to see what I get. Great addition to the tool shed.