Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchase Parts - G0766

Purchase Parts - G0766

I have noticed that today, Grizzly has put up a link on their lathe page on the website, where parts for the G0766 can be purchased. Now, there are not a lot available at this moment in time, but there are some of the smaller items available. This development, along with the fact they put the parts list and exploded view up last week, as well as the manual, and they have moved this lathe on their page up to the top of the page, seems to indicate to me that we are probably going to see it arrive before too long.

These developments seem positive to me, at least! I finally got the old G0698 that I sold delivered to the new owner, which is our turning club. They finally got all the wiring run for the new circuit for 220v and just have to wire in the receptacle which will likely be one day this week.

I hope it arrives soon, cause I have a number of things I want to turn and run it through its paces!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 04-13-2015 at 7:46 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

So now you are absent any lathe?

"The best things in life are not things."

Quote Originally Posted by James Combs View Post
    So now you are absent any lathe?

No, James........I have my Delta Midi 46-460........I used it a bit this evening to turn a birdhouse ornament for a gallery.....okay for things like that, but I do miss the big one already! Hopefully, it won't be long till they get these new G0766 units in stock and ship. I have been so busy anyway, that finding time to turn has been a challenge.

Roger, you have an abundance of enthusiasm and optimism. The anxiety and buzz you have created since the first day you ordered this lathe, and the faith you've shown in the manufacturer - retailer have made this thread fun to follow. After all, what good is our hobby if it can't give us the same excitement as a kid waiting for Christmas. I hope your lathe comes soon yet I know that may be the end of the longest lasting active thread I remember here at SMC. I am sure you will happy with your choice. I am looking forward to reading the collective experiences associated with so many new lathe owners. I look forward to lots of pix and stories to come.
    faust

Quote Originally Posted by Faust M. Ruggiero View Post
    Roger, you have an abundance of enthusiasm and optimism. The anxiety and buzz you have created since the first day you ordered this lathe, and the faith you've shown in the manufacturer - retailer have made this thread fun to follow. After all, what good is our hobby if it can't give us the same excitement as a kid waiting for Christmas. I hope your lathe comes soon yet I know that may be the end of the longest lasting active thread I remember here at SMC. I am sure you will happy with your choice. I am looking forward to reading the collective experiences associated with so many new lathe owners. I look forward to lots of pix and stories to come.
    faust
    +1 for longest surviving thread and Roger's enthusiasm - so why start this one?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    +1 for longest surviving thread and Roger's enthusiasm - so why start this one?

Mike
    Well......I had briefly thought about putting this info on the other thread.....what I DON'T know is, how many posts the site allows in a thread? Of course, I think it would be good for the owners of the new G0766 to all post in the same thread about our experiences and reviews..........that would keep all the info together, and make the info more readily available for those who want to research it in the future.

I plan to start that thread as soon as mine arrives and I get it set up. Related to this parts purchase listing,etc,.....I think the lathes are probably about ready to leave the factory, headed over the ocean, or they would not be putting up a page where one can order individual parts for that model.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust M. Ruggiero View Post
    faust
    ...Thanks, Faust! I am not anxious about the quality of the unit.........just to get it here and experience the ride!

It sounds like I need to get my rear in gear and hurry up and rewire the 220V outlet in my shop to the right location and plug type-- it'll be one of the few times I won't mind having to expedite the schedule of a project on my "To Do" list! My fingers are crossed that we get some good updates soon on the schedule and delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Schrum View Post
    It sounds like I need to get my rear in gear and hurry up and rewire the 220V outlet in my shop to the right location and plug type-- it'll be one of the few times I won't mind having to expedite the schedule of a project on my "To Do" list! My fingers are crossed that we get some good updates soon on the schedule and delivery.
    This will be the correct outlet type for the lathe, Matt............

I have mine on a 20 amp circuit, and the plug works as well........this is what I have...........I have it wired with 12/2 with ground, romex.

Last edited by Roger Chandler; 04-14-2015 at 11:05 AM.

I did notice that when I log onto the Grizzly page for the G0766 with my ipad, that icon does not show, but it does with my desktop pc......as of just a few minutes ago....

I downloaded the owners manual. That was a good thing. My last email from Griz gave me an April 17 ship date. I contacted them yesterday and now I have a May 22 date. Like Roger- I am confident that this will be worth he wait. I have to stop re-sharpening my tools while I wait or I won't have any tool left to cut.

One day we will all celebrate together.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Jim Sevey View Post
    I downloaded the owners manual. That was a good thing. My last email from Griz gave me an April 17 ship date. I contacted them yesterday and now I have a May 22 date. Like Roger- I am confident that this will be worth he wait. I have to stop re-sharpening my tools while I wait or I won't have any tool left to cut.

One day we will all celebrate together.
    From what I can tell, Jim........they have been pretty consistently giving the May 22nd date for a while now, and it has not changed, or at least everyone seems to be getting the same information. That is probably a good sign that they have gotten a pretty reliable ship date from the factory. Now barring some unforseen happening on the trip across the ocean, then we should be hearing from them in the next 3 or 4 weeks.......maybe 5, but I will still not be surprised if they beat that date by a few days.......providing the boat doesn't sink!

The purchase parts link now works with the ipad, btw!

Roger, you may have a bit to go to beat the Mark Norman concrete lathe adventure - started March 2009 433 comments, last one Jan 2014.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

I ordered one this past Saturday and the email from Grizzly on Monday was that they would get the lathe in their warehouse on June 26th...and would ship to me in 3 to 5 business days. So i'm guessing I'm on a second wave or orders from the factory after the first shipment arrives May 22nd... Will be eagerly watching for your collective reviews in anticipation of my order to be filled!

15. Quote Originally Posted by Thom Sturgill View Post
    Roger, you may have a bit to go to beat the Mark Norman concrete lathe adventure - started March 2009 433 comments, last one Jan 2014.
    Well Thom........I was not shooting for any kind of record anyway........it just turned out that so many folks were interested in this new lathe. When you get 15 pages and over 200 posts, it makes the reading kind of long, don't you think? Just wait until all of us G0766 owners put our reviews on a thread.........