Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taxes

Taxes

So how many of you have waited until the last minute to get your taxes done?
    Just got back from the accountant myself.

What have you been waiting for? Me, I'm an early bird. E filed them last night, right after the Masters

Not only do I wait until the last minute, I file for an extension every year. I also overpay every year so it's not like I'm depriving Uncle Sam of interest...

I intentionally over pay each year. I would rather they owe me than me owe them and have to come up with the money at the last moment. I got my refunds a couple weeks ago.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I'm early this year, I just walked them down to the mailbox. Unlike Ken, I unintentionally over paid this year. I like to run a deficit just like Congress.

Blog Entries
    Like many others we prefer the IRS send us a check than us having to send them one.

We usually like to get our taxes done early but due to having to wait for some late forms we didn't file until last week.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I am taking a small break from working on mine right now. All of the calculations are done, I just need to transcribe the numbers to the official forms.

Steve

Lifetime Turbo Tax user and I always try to owe but balancing state and fed is something I've yet to figure out. I owe $1.8k to fed but $1.6k refund from California so I guess ultimately I owe. Got my state refund a couple weeks ago...fed gets theirs on Wednesday.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I got my refunds several weeks ago. Like Ken, I don't like surprises so I over pay a little every year.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Normally I paid the bills and did the taxes but when I started chemo my wife took over the bill paying. I still did the taxes but now don't know where all the needed receipts are.

I had the forms all finished and filled out, then my wife would say, "Did you include the money we spent on XYZ?". Well, of course not, is there a receipt someplace? Then when she would find where she put the papers and I would redo the forms. This happened three times.

I thought I was ALL DONE yet again and had it ready to mail Satuirday. What shows up in the mail? A 2014 1099-MISC (postmarked April 9th). More work for the shredder, more forms to fill out. Had I sent them in sooner I would have had to send in an amended return. And probably pay a fine even though I was blindsided with a late 1099. For an amount that I'm contesting; I'm not sure if I ever got that money.

I mailed all that junk today before I looked in the mailbox for more garbage to arrive!

-Tom

I efiled mine last week but my neighbor came knocking on my door at 8 this morning with a smile on her face and paper in her hand. Do you know how to do taxes she says, so I invited her in gave her a cup of coffee and down we sat at the computer, a pot of coffee and 2 hours later I e filed her taxes, she was happy $844 fed refund and $44 from the state, now she's gonna take me out to dinner. So I'm happy too.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries

Thank you Turbo Tax

Owed a lot of money, so I mailed them in yesterday, thanks to Turbo Tax I'm still able to do them myself, but it sure get's more complicated each year.
    Dennis

I guess I'm the odd one here, but I filed my taxes toward the beginning of march. I hate having those things hanging over my head.

We get K-3's every year which arrive AFTER April 15 every year so that means we file an extension every year. Sounds silly but the government acknowledges that it allows folks to send out K-3's after April 15. We have to pay estimated quarterly taxes for January through March 2015 tomorrow so that's always fun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I efiled mine last week but my neighbor came knocking on my door at 8 this morning with a smile on her face and paper in her hand. Do you know how to do taxes she says
    Ugh... nothing like waiting until the last minute and not even knowing if it can be done. What if you couldn't help her? <sigh>
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5