Thread: v-carve Pro Desktop vs V-Carve Pro question

v-carve Pro Desktop vs V-Carve Pro question

Curious if any members have experience with V-carve desktop vs The full version? Wondering what the key differences are.

I am new to CNC, how is the support from the manufacturer? Do you have to buy from them or are there dealers in the US?

I'd suggest you start here:

http://www.vectric.com/products/desk...omparison.html

I have Pro - because that's all they offered at the time i bought it. Support from Vectric is pretty amazing, in my experience. There's also a very rich and thriving forum that helps a lot. I think there may be resellers but i'm not certain about that.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

How big is your machine you plan to own? Desktop is limited to a cutting area of 24” x 24” (600mm x 600mm). If you have smaller and dont need a rotary 4th axis setup or nesting desktop would work great most likely.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have owned a 24 X 36 inch CNC router for more than a year now and I have cut a lot of different stuff with it. I have the Pro version rather than the desktop but comparing the two products, I have very seldom used the extra features provided only in the pro version. The size restriction is a notable exception. I think if you have a 24 X 24 inch or smaller machine, you will probably never notice any difference.

You need to verify this with Vectric, but normally they allow you to upgrade from a lower end product to a higher one by just paying the difference in cost. You could start out with desktop and if you determine you need the Pro version, no money will have been wasted. The router I bought included Cut 2-D but I realized I needed more features so I upgraded and received full credit for the original purchase.

Thanks for the replies. It will have a working area of approximately 16x16"