Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Itunes question

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Jay,

It might be your player and not the CD. I had this happen to me once, try the CD in another CD Player.
    And preferably a newer one. CDs and CD-R/RW are not always functionally equivalent when played in CD players not designed and rated for recordable media. Perhaps there's a difference in the way the end of a song (file) is encoded. Early PC optical drives had issues with recordable media as well. And yeah, there are benefits to solid state devices in less-than-pristine environments like vehicles and workshops.

Try it in a couple of different CD players and see if it does the same thing. I used to burn CD's and had a problem with a certain brand but don't remember which ones. The disks would work in some CD players but not the one in my truck where I wanted to use them of course. I still use my old iPod classic even though I have a iPhone finally. I plug the iPod into my aux outlet on my car stereo, it works great. Try burning a CD with with no gap or use the Auto setting for the gap. Your old CD player might see the gap as the end of the CD.
    Last edited by Peter Stahl; 04-19-2015 at 5:33 PM.