Thread: Popular Woodworking Videos Needs Help

Popular Woodworking Videos Needs Help

Let me say this first I DO NOT work for Popular Woodworking. There was a thread a few weeks back were a number of members complained about the video quality and the inability to contact anyone about their problems. I had the same frustration with the problems on the web site, The fact that there seemed to be no way to contact customer support peeked my interest. A long story but I finally got a response from Rocky Landsverk, Director Online Product
    Development. He emailed me with some suggestions about how to fix the video download issues but he was very interested in talking with everyone who had a problem. He seemed very proactive about solving the issues people had with the videos.

I don't know if I can post his email so for now if you want his email address PM me. If a moderator can get back to me about posting his email address that would be great. Once again I DO NOT work for Popular Woodworking. I am retired and cringe at the idea of working for someone.

They have revamped the whole video section and it might be worthwhile to try it again. He sent me the following instructions if I ran into a problem:

Right-click on the video and switch to either HTML5 or Flash (whichever you’re not using) If that doesn’t fix it, switch to Flash, the right-click again, Settings / Uncheck “Hardware Acceleration.”

So if you are interested give it a try or PM me and I will send you his email address

Megan who loves cats posted his email address.

Here it is for those who may need it.

rocky.landsverk@fwcommunity.com
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

I didn't see that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Ralphs View Post
    Megan who loves cats posted his email address.
    Haha, I love this description of Ms. FitsPatrick
    Blood, sweat, and sawdust

360 Woodworking posts instructional videos that always load.
    If a bunch of Old Guys can do it, how hard can it be?

PWW threw out the only experienced staff with a history of making things for paying clients.
    Whatever happens to PWW now is of no consequence to Old Guys like me.
    Last edited by Jim Matthews; 04-16-2015 at 6:33 PM.

I like the 360 woodworking guys.

Exactly. This is hardly novel technology. This issue is one of poor design and/or poor execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    360 Woodworking posts instructional videos that always load.
    If a bunch of Old Guys can do it, how hard can it be?

PWW through out the only experienced staff with a history of making things for paying clients.
    Whatever happens to PWW now is of no consequence to Old Guys like me.
    -- Dan Rode

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle